MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Official MyBB Github Repo??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Their server can't compare to github...
"Why wouldn't we host it ourselves?" Thats like reinventing the wheel.
Do you mean "would" or "wouldn't"? Toungue
(2011-02-03, 03:59 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean "would" or "wouldn't"? Toungue

I meant Wouldn't. It was a mimic of the person who asked it earlier. I'll add quotes around it to make it clearer.
Owning a car is much exciting than renting a car Wink

Thats why i was asking that. reinventing the wheel was not my point Wink
(2011-02-03, 04:58 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Owning a car is much exciting than renting a car Wink

Thats why i was asking that. reinventing the wheel was not my point Wink

Except it is one more thing for staff to maintain. Exactly what we want to avoid.
(2011-02-03, 04:58 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Owning a car is much exciting than renting a car Wink

Certainly not as exciting to maintain and manage.
(2011-02-03, 09:06 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]

Unless you're a car junkie.
(2011-02-03, 09:49 PM)Zack Magee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-03, 09:06 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]

Unless you're a car junkie.

I'm pretty sure none of us here are git junkies to the point where we would really enjoy maintaining a git server. :p
(2011-02-04, 01:41 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure none of us here are git junkies to the point where we would really enjoy maintaining a git server. :p

Oh, I don't know... I already maintain a private svn... I don't see git being any different lol

But it boils down to time to me. Sure, there are several of us capable of doing it. But our MyBB time is better spent doing other things. At least in my opinion anyways.
Pages: 1 2 3 4