MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bing copies results from Google
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thats really disgusting from Microsoft. Read the official google blog post about this issue: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/m...earch.html

I lolled. Who actually uses Bing? I know I don't.
(2011-02-02, 08:18 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I lolled. Who actually uses Bing? I know I don't.
Facebook.
Don't use facebook either... Wink
Same as frostscutz. I can honestly say I've never touched bing - save from using a wordpress tool to submit my sitemap haha
I read that this morning and was like ofcourse! Rolleyes I've hated Bing since its release! Everytime I see the bing ad on TV "Its not just a search engine, its a decision engine!" or "What has search overload done to us" I cringe and go WTF???

The best part was that they never denied it but made lame excuses!

Bad
Impossible
Not
Good

= Bing. I'm not surprised. Toungue
I don't see a problem with this...
$search = user input
if $search has results {
    display results;
} else {
    learn from other search engines;
}
echo 'End user = happy';
That's pretty damning evidence, I wonder how Bing will respond.

They're not just learning from other search engines though are they, they're directly copying Google, using what they've put a lot of work into, and not giving anything back for it. Microsoft have never had a decent search engine, and although Bing had been going better, it seems they've been riding on the back of Google.
Well bing is the decision engine. Maybe, it decided to copy google when it had no ideas Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4