MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quoting isn't working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the longest time now, quoting has not been working. I think it happened during one of the upgrades a while ago. See for yourself:

http://pokebeach.com/forums
User: myBB
Pass: myBB9876

I have no idea what to do to fix it. Sad

Thanks in advance!
Go to global.css and check is there written like this:

blockquote {
background: #fff;
border: 1px solid #ccc;
margin: 0;
padding: 4px;
.spoiler_header {
background: #FFF;
border: 1px solid #CCC;
margin: 4px 0 0 0;
color: #000;
}

.spoiler_body {
background: FFF;
border: 1px solid #CCC;
border-top: 0;
color: #000;
margin: 0 0 4px 0;
}

blockquote cite {
font-weight: bold;

border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;

font-style: normal;

display: block;

margin: 4px 0;

font-style: normal;
}

blockquote cite span {
float: right;

font-weight: normal;
font-weight: normal;
}

.codeblock {
background: #fff;
background: #FFFFFF;

border: 1px solid #ccc;

}

.codeblock .title {
border-bottom: 1px solid #ccc;

margin: 4px 0;

}

.codeblock code {
overflow: auto;

height: auto;

max-height: 200px;

display: block;

font-family: Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace;

font-size: 13px;
font-family: Monaco, Consolas, Courier, monospace;
font-size: 13px;
}
Um how would CSS affect its functionality? I tried using what you used anyway and it didn't work.
In this global.css is written how quote should look. In your opinion quote event doesnt appear so how i guess you dont have that code.
When you click "Reply" on the bottom of a person's post and it takes you to the reply page, it doesn't show their post's text. This has nothing to do with presentation - it's functionality.
I'm pretty sure they mean multiquoting. Try and multiquote a post, and it won't work.

Go to ACP > Templates & Style > Create New Theme, set this new theme as the theme you use, and see if it works on totally fresh templates.
Alright, did that, but it didn't fix the problem. Sad
Hmm... does inline moderation work on your forum?? This includes inline post moderation in a thread, or inline thread moderation in a forum. If you select posts/threads and choose a moderation option, does it process that and perform the action, or tell you that you didn't select anything??
(2011-02-03, 08:25 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm... does inline moderation work on your forum?? This includes inline post moderation in a thread, or inline thread moderation in a forum. If you select posts/threads and choose a moderation option, does it process that and perform the action, or tell you that you didn't select anything??

Yep, all the inline moderating works in both threads and forums.
Oh, I was kinda hoping it wouldn't Toungue Just to be certain, you are submitting the inline moderation form, and it does what you told it to do (i.e. close the threads you selected), correct?? I'm just trying to rule out a possible cause and want to make sure of it Smile

Next thing to try, can you go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > run this, does it say anything has been changed??
Pages: 1 2