MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add Unique Number in urls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi
I recently added MyBB to http://forums.mailshayari.com/

1. When any Thread is added on the forum, the url comes out to be like http://forums.mailshayari.com/Thread-Jus...ng-Awesome

My concern here is that if someone adds the same post again, the url will remain same. So, I want to give any uniquer integer number after domain name in url.
Example: forums.mailshayari.com/124/aaa

Could anyone help me in this?

2. Second, I can see only description in meta tags in Threads. How meta keywords will come

3. On home page, I cannot see meta tags...

Thanks'
ATUL
http://techofweb.com

1. Try it and see
2. Keywords are useless
3. You can add them to your portal and/or index template
(2011-02-08, 03:20 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]1. Try it and see
2. Keywords are useless

i didn't get your any of the points
Could you please explain all in detail.

I dont think keywords are useless. Yes, for Google they are but not for other search engines
frostschutz is right, keywords mean nothing to any search engine. It's now just about your content, because you could have millions of relevant keywords in your meta tags, yet have zero content.

To add meta tags, go to AdminCP -> Styles / Templates -> Templates -> *expand template set* -> Ungrouped Templates -> headerinclude
When I added metatags in the said file, on every page/thread, the same meta-tags were showing. It overwridden every thread's meta tags.

My meta tags are not showing only on Home Page. I want to add just fro homePage. They are coming on single pages

I must be completely thick tonight, not reading anything properly Toungue

Just go to AdminCP -> Styles / Templates -> Templates -> *expand template set* -> index
Under the {$headerinclude} variable, add your meta tags there.
(2011-02-08, 03:22 PM)Android-iPhone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-08, 03:20 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]1. Try it and see
2. Keywords are useless

i didn't get your any of the points
Could you please explain all in detail.

For point 1, you said you were worried what would happen if someone made another thread with the same name, he said to try and it and see what happens. This plugin is well thought out, threads with the same title have been taken into account, it won't cause any problems.

(2011-02-08, 03:22 PM)Android-iPhone Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think keywords are useless. Yes, for Google they are but not for other search engines

Realistically though, Google is the most widely used search engine. I doubt any major search engines pay much attention to keywords as they're so open to abuse.
Thanks ..it worked. I will add reputation to you Smile

(2011-02-08, 08:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]For point 1, you said you were worried what would happen if someone made another thread with the same name, he said to try and it and see what happens. This plugin is well thought out, threads with the same title have been taken into account, it won't cause any problems.
This plugin is well thought out - means you are referring MyBB Forums here...???
google seo plugin will add unique url numbers to threads and forums.
(2011-02-10, 07:23 AM)Android-iPhone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-08, 08:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]For point 1, you said you were worried what would happen if someone made another thread with the same name, he said to try and it and see what happens. This plugin is well thought out, threads with the same title have been taken into account, it won't cause any problems.
This plugin is well thought out - means you are referring MyBB Forums here...???

What?? No, I'm saying the Google SEO plugin is well thought out, meaning the issue of multiple threads with the same name has been thought of and dealt with.
Pages: 1 2