MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when editing users in admin CP & issues with editing messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get the following mybb error when trying to edit any user in ACP.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET email='[email protected]', postnum='7', usergroup='9', additionalgroups='', displaygroup='0', usertitle='', signature='', website='', icq='0', aim='', yahoo='', msn='', style='0', timezone='0', dateformat='0', timeformat='0', language='', allownotices='1', hideemail='0', subscriptionmethod='0', invisible='0', dstcorrection='2', threadmode='linear', showsigs='1', showavatars='1', showquickreply='1', remember='', receivepms='1', pmnotice='1', daysprune='0', showcodebuttons='1', pmnotify='0', showredirect='1', tpp='0', ppp='0' WHERE uid='2798'

Furthermore, when you edit messages by users within a thread, once you save it, it makes the user display as a guest.

slightly offtopic issue, but the reputation system now allows users to constantly negative rep anyone without any cap.

Any ideas how to fix? Much appreciated
-Leetcoders.org
Oh, I see. How do I tell if my plugins are not 1.6 compatable? i dont get any error messages in my settings tab or anything, so perhaps it is that i need to reupload the 1.6 files?
Did you even read the thread I linked to? It mentions nothing about plugins so I don't know where you got the plugins compatibility from Undecided

There is a section titled Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list' and theres pointers there on what could be wrong. Please re-read the thread!!

http://community.mybb.com/thread-75028.html
Under 'Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
the last sentence is " Also make sure you've not got any plugins running that are not 1.6 compatible."
LOL! I missed that, sorry for going off on you about that Blush

Start with the files, if that doesn't fix it then check the plugins.

Did you deactivate your plugins when you upgraded like the upgrade instructions say??
(2011-02-09, 08:18 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did you deactivate your plugins when you upgraded like the upgrade instructions say??

Erm I forget. I was in the middle of doing it, when i had to leave, so a friend took over from Teamviewer...

No, they were not disabled.
Right, go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > run this and see if anything is changed. If it has, reupload those files, if not, deactivate any plugins related to profiles.

(2011-02-09, 02:01 AM)Arsenic Wrote: [ -> ]Furthermore, when you edit messages by users within a thread, once you save it, it makes the user display as a guest.

Do you have an admin post editing plugin?? If you do, it's a bug with that.

(2011-02-09, 02:01 AM)Arsenic Wrote: [ -> ]slightly offtopic issue, but the reputation system now allows users to constantly negative rep anyone without any cap.

Multiple reputations is a new feature in 1.6 and is enabled by default, you can disable it in the reputation settings.
(2011-02-10, 08:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Right, go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > run this and see if anything is changed. If it has, reupload those files, if not, deactivate any plugins related to profiles.

(2011-02-09, 02:01 AM)Arsenic Wrote: [ -> ]Furthermore, when you edit messages by users within a thread, once you save it, it makes the user display as a guest.

Do you have an admin post editing plugin?? If you do, it's a bug with that.

(2011-02-09, 02:01 AM)Arsenic Wrote: [ -> ]slightly offtopic issue, but the reputation system now allows users to constantly negative rep anyone without any cap.

Multiple reputations is a new feature in 1.6 and is enabled by default, you can disable it in the reputation settings.

There is no "file verification" under tools and maintenance, according to cntrl+F with 'veri' typed in.

ah I was unaware of the new rep setting, thank you Smile

@ the admin editing post, I dont believe so...
Pages: 1 2