MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Count Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Description

This plugins shows a thread count in the member page and in the post bit.

Unlike others plugins, this one saves the thread count on the users table. This method has a few advantages:
  • You can show the thread count in any place you want (even on externals applications)
  • It dosn't require extra database querys to count the threads made by each user (Using others plugins, showing a thread with 10 posts would make 10 extra querys <<-- Total waste of resources).

The only extra query this plugin make is when a new thread is created/deleted.

To developers

Because it's a field in the users table, you can access the field value like the normal post count:
  • $mybb->user['threadnum'] - Always. Shows the logged user thread count.
  • $memprofile['threadnum'] - On the profile page. Tt's the count belogning to the user profile
  • $post['threadnum'] - On the showthread. It's the count belogning to the current post author

Release Data

Download @ MyBB Mods Site
Last version: 1.1 - 01/04/2011 (DD/MM/YYYY)

Installation

Upload the contents inside the "Upload" folder to your MyBB root installation.
Go to "ACP -> Configuration -> Plugins" and Install the plugin
Go to "ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild" and rebuild the threads count (Option: Recount User Threads Count)

Enjoy.

Updating

Upload the new files. You don't even need to deactivate it Smile

Templates Changes

Quote:This plugin makes 2 templates changes automatically. If it didn't work on your theme, you can modify them manually:

=== member_profile ===

Find:
Quote:<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->total_posts}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1">{$memprofile['postnum']} ({$lang->ppd_percent_total})<br /><span class="smalltext">(<a href="search.php?action=finduserthreads&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->find_threads}</a> &mdash; <a href="search.php?action=finduser&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->find_posts}</a>)</span></td>
</tr>

Replace with:
Quote:<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->total_posts}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1">{$memprofile['postnum']} ({$lang->ppd_percent_total})<br /><span class="smalltext">(<a href="search.php?action=finduser&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->find_posts}</a>)</span></td>
</tr>
<!-- CountThreads -->
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><strong>{$lang->total_threads}</strong></td>
<td class="trow1">{$memprofile[\'threadnum\']} ({$lang->threads_statistics})<br /><span class="smalltext">(<a href="search.php?action=finduserthreads&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->find_threads}</a>)</span></td>
</tr>
<!-- /CountThreads -->

=== postbit_author_user ===

Find:
Quote:{$lang->postbit_posts} {$post['postnum']}<br />

Replace with:
Quote:{$lang->postbit_posts} {$post['postnum']}<br /><!-- CountThreads -->{$lang->postbit_threads} {$post['threadnum']}<br /><!-- /CountThreads -->

Documentation

There is no documentation. If you need any help, post here and I will do my best to help you.
Sweet plugin, honestly might be more useful for developers than users ;P

Much appreciated! +rep Big Grin
You say it makes 3 template changes, but only listed 2?
(2011-02-16, 09:52 PM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]You say it makes 3 template changes, but only listed 2?

Oh, yes..
The plugin makes 2 changes in member_profile:
  • It adds the thread count and
  • it deletes the "Search Threads" link from the Post count

In this thread, both changes are together. Just a typo. "Fixed".
Ok, I may use this, just a quick question...is there a way to integrate a "Thread Rating" like we have our default "Post Rating" with the posting titles?

And also how about a rating that averages your posts and threads together, so it would be (average# = post#/thread#)

So in our post bits and profile pages we could have 3 separate ranks/titles...

Post rank/title (this, all our forums have)
Thread rank/title
Average rank/title

Is this possible?

Also, I meanour rank/titles...not the "rank this post type rank" but our actual post bit and profile ranks/titles.
(2011-02-17, 12:07 AM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I may use this, just a quick question...is there a way to integrate a "Thread Rating" like we have our default "Post Rating" with the posting titles?

And also how about a rating that averages your posts and threads together, so it would be (average# = post#/thread#)

So in our post bits and profile pages we could have 3 separate ranks/titles...

Post rank/title (this, all our forums have)
Thread rank/title
Average rank/title

Is this possible?

Also, I meanour rank/titles...not the "rank this post type rank" but our actual post bit and profile ranks/titles.

I didn't fully understand your first question.
Do you want to add the thread count (plus the average) to the postbit?
If yes, this plugins already adds the threadcoun by default.

I could add an average thread/posts. I'll think about it Smile
It only starts counting as soon as you install the plugin, is there a way to get the threads posted before installation.
(2011-02-17, 12:48 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]It only starts counting as soon as you install the plugin, is there a way to get the threads posted before installation.

See the installation instructions: Smile
Me Wrote:Installation

Go to "ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild" and rebuild the threads count (Option: Recount User Threads Count)
(2011-02-17, 12:51 AM)Aquilez Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-17, 12:48 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]It only starts counting as soon as you install the plugin, is there a way to get the threads posted before installation.

Okay, sorry had not seen that. Thanks though.
(2011-02-17, 12:52 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-17, 12:51 AM)Aquilez Wrote: [ -> ]

Okay, sorry had not seen that. Thanks though.

No problem Smile
Pages: 1 2