MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MybbPlug.in/s/
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yeah, the site seems to be going on and off, I did a simple lookup on the domain and the name servers, website is hosted on MYHOSTOWNS.COM , which is a reseller of HostGator (Parent NS ns1313.websitewelcome.com & ns1314.websitewelcome.com) - Websitewelcome is the domain HostGator uses for their reseller name servers.

I remember reading about an incident where HostGator's site and a few of its clients were facing downtime.

(2011-02-18, 02:17 PM)zZJoennZz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

The site looks have problems because it's going down everytime I go and somtimes it work, I think you need to contact your host and fix it or just transfer to a new server.

(2011-02-19, 02:08 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, the site seems to be going on and off, I did a simple lookup on the domain and the name servers, website is hosted on MYHOSTOWNS.COM , which is a reseller of HostGator (Parent NS ns1313.websitewelcome.com & ns1314.websitewelcome.com) - Websitewelcome is the domain HostGator uses for their reseller name servers.

I remember reading about an incident where HostGator's site and a few of its clients were facing downtime.

(2011-02-18, 02:17 PM)zZJoennZz Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

The site looks have problems because it's going down everytime I go and somtimes it work, I think you need to contact your host and fix it or just transfer to a new server.

Yeah, I never got this downtime, so I might just contact hostgator (I run myhostowns, lol), and I have about 3 sites on it so far, with the other two working perfectly fine. So it might be a problem with the domain propagation, as there were no problems beforehand.
(2011-02-12, 09:13 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]I love what you did with the URL, very creative.

Me too, how did you do it Thread Starter?
Can you give some tips?
It's not that hard, he bought a ".in" domain and installed MyBB in a directory called "s". Then he redirected / to /s/ via an htaccess redirect. (Google "301 redirect" for help on this part)
Alright, so the connection problems should be fixed for everyone in a few hours. Just had to modify dns settings in WHM, which is why some people were having trouble connecting.
Works perfectly for me now, thanks!
(2011-02-21, 03:19 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Works perfectly for me now, thanks!

Yup, no problem.

Also, we will be moving to a quad-core dedi soon, which will also be MyHostOwns's new server (:
Pretty nice... good work.
(2011-02-23, 07:25 PM)Monaco Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty nice... good work.

Thank you :)
Any more feedback?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6