MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: >Comments are closed on this thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-02-13, 07:06 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Just because that's what you'd do, it doesn't mean everyone else would. You can't speak for other people if they haven't told you that.
Who said I was??

(2011-02-13, 07:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, seeing as these rules have been in place for almost 7 months and not many people make a thread that's closed for comments (from what I've seen).
Sooner or later, people will stop asking for comments on their showcase threads.
(2011-02-13, 07:17 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-13, 07:06 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Just because that's what you'd do, it doesn't mean everyone else would. You can't speak for other people if they haven't told you that.
Who said I was??

(2011-02-13, 07:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Not really, seeing as these rules have been in place for almost 7 months and not many people make a thread that's closed for comments (from what I've seen).
Sooner or later, people will stop asking for comments on their showcase threads.

I assumed you did, since you said "everyone's going to use it" and everyone means everyone, if it excluded you, it wouldn't be everyone anymore.

Anyway it's been 7 months and there are only a few threads with comments disabled. Do you really think it will turn into a link directory...?
In time, yes. Smile
In time man will become hooked up to PCs. Though we shouldn't start implanting USB inputs into our heads.
(2011-02-13, 09:16 AM)Tim B. Wrote: [ -> ]The idea behind it was so that those who are not open to feedback and just want people to see their site had the option to do this.

Fair enough, I dunno why this hit me in the first place but I guess it's not really a big deal anyways.
What does it matter if this rule is in place? Hardly anyone uses it... You should respect the people that do though.
(2011-02-13, 09:41 PM)Mini` Wrote: [ -> ]What does it matter if this rule is in place? Hardly anyone uses it... You should respect the people that do though.

This.
(2011-02-13, 09:41 PM)Mini` Wrote: [ -> ]What does it matter if this rule is in place? Hardly anyone uses it... You should respect the people that do though.

It's not a question of respect, I was simply inquiring about it. Half the people in the showcase don't take feedback anyways so realistically it doesn't make a difference anyways.
Perhaps some don't want to hear the negative feedback? Therefore, want to disable people from giving them feedback at all?
(2011-02-13, 09:14 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough, I dunno why this hit me in the first place but I guess it's not really a big deal anyways.

I'm done discussing this - it has no effect on me whatsoever, I just figured I would point it for discussion and state my opinion. I know why people wouldn't want comments - it's not a difficult concept to grasp.
Pages: 1 2 3