MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: If your forum is running slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
At the risk of sounding stupid....how do I get the debugging info?
It the text in the footer of the forum, that starts with 'Generated in' and ends in '[advanced details]'
Of course it seems to be ok at this moment when I neeed to send data..buut this is it at its best:

Generated in 1.1024830 seconds (77.03% PHP / 22.97% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 11 / Global Parsing Time: 1.0038450 / Memory Usage: 3 MB
PHP version: 5.2.13 / Server Load: 13.29 / GZip Compression: Disabled
Your server load is high, is your host doing maintenance on your server?? If not, someone else on your server is adding intensive plugins on their site.
I am the only one on my site, so unless it is Network Solutions.....it is me with plugins....which plugins slow it down? I'll remove them. I only have mobile, social sites and welcom PM activated.
You can't be the only one on your site if you forum has no activity but the load is this high, the server is being absolutely thrashed and an empty forum is not going to be doing that, no matter what plugins you have.
Give Network solutions a call, really, they don't mind. Just mention the site seems very slow.
(2011-02-19, 11:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can't be the only one on your site if you forum has no activity but the load is this high, the server is being absolutely thrashed and an empty forum is not going to be doing that, no matter what plugins you have.

I am on network solutions shared server....I assume I am then helpless? Unless pay for an exclusive server which is probably a fortune
Right, a shared server, you're not the only one on the server then... they should be able to put you on a server that isn't so crowded; either somewhere a site on this server is running something that's making the server work like mad, or they've put too many sites on one server and it can't cope.
(2011-02-19, 11:37 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Right, a shared server, you're not the only one on the server then... they should be able to put you on a server that isn't so crowded; either somewhere a site on this server is running something that's making the server work like mad, or they've put too many sites on one server and it can't cope.

I'm willing to bet someone else is running a horribly inefficient script or misusing their space.

Do contact them, though. They'll be thankful you pointed out a problem to them.
Pages: 1 2 3