MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PAYING someone to stop my site being hacked.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Name a price.
site : www.virtualpetuniverse.com

some idiot owner of a competitior site is continuously hacking my site and deleting topics etc. he is somehow gaining access through either my account or other staff accounts and i am willing to pay decent money to anyone experienced enough to be able to figure out why this is happening and how to stop it.

would these mods help and could you install them:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/admin-ip-match

immediate help is needed.
Maybe he is getting through your host. Are you on shared hosting?
I'd suggest going through your staff, and finding out who can be trusted and who can't be. It might be one of your staff members.
(2011-02-17, 08:04 PM)Alex H. Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest going through your staff, and finding out who can be trusted and who can't be. It might be one of your staff members.

Or a key logger on one of their computers.
no we use proaxxs hosting
Change passwords, have all staff/people with access virus scan their computer, and upgrade to the latest version of Mybb. Maybe try a new webhost aswell.
its not one of my staff members. now we dont have any as i have put them all to registered user until i found out what was going on.

an hour ago I logged on and checked the moderator log and it showed my account as having deleted things on a proxy ip
Then change your password & virus scan your computer.
ive already done that. he gained access last night and today after i did it..

i need proper help.

he's gained access twice now.
What virus scanner did you use to scan your computer? And, does anyone else have ACP/Cpanel access?
Pages: 1 2 3 4