MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to 1.6.2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

Sorry, I have downloaded the updates folder and placed this folder in my uploads folder within MYBB folder through Dreamweaver. Do I have to manually replace the files from this updates folder into the existing folders, where they need replacing.

Or should it do it automatically ?

I am using 1.6.0 at present.

New to this kind of thing.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
You need to upload the files so they replace the existing ones.

If you're upgrading from 1.6.0 then you need the full 1.6.2 package, not just the changed files. You'll also need to run the upgrade script.
Hi

I have done this, then placed it in the uploads folder.

Should it automatically run then ?

I have a wordpress blog with a mybb forum on it, which was downloaded through zingiri forums plugin (cc forums), where mybb folder is located, so the path is fairly long too.

Tried opening up the browser, and placing the path to run the upgrade script, but no joy. I am sure it's simple once you've done it once, it's just new to me.
Hmm...... I upgraded to 1.6.2 from 1.6.1 and it still says my copy is out of date. I unzipped the files and one bay one uploaded/overwrote the existing ones..... and tried the version check and it still says out of date. Am I missing something?

http://www.dedduck.com/forum/
I have just dropped in the folder named mybb 1.6.2 into my uploads folder within mybb forum folder. I know that is not totally right, if anyone could explain it for a dumbie please.

Do I have to match up all the files and replace the existing ones, as the browser instruction is not ther for me either.

(2011-02-23, 10:39 PM)mallard Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm...... I upgraded to 1.6.2 from 1.6.1 and it still says my copy is out of date. I unzipped the files and one bay one uploaded/overwrote the existing ones..... and tried the version check and it still says out of date. Am I missing something?

http://www.dedduck.com/forum/

If it's still saying you're out of date, then you've not uploaded the new files over the old ones properly. The version number comes directly from ./inc/class_core.php so if that still says 1.6.1 then it's not been updated, and chances are other files haven't been either.

(2011-02-23, 10:47 PM)Ben64 Wrote: [ -> ]I have just dropped in the folder named mybb 1.6.2 into my uploads folder within mybb forum folder. I know that is not totally right, if anyone could explain it for a dumbie please.

Do I have to match up all the files and replace the existing ones, as the browser instruction is not ther for me either.

Where exactly does it say to put them in the upload folder...?? Undecided The instructions say to make sure the new files overwrite the current files...
Just upload and overwrite the files that are in the archive you downloaded.
Follow the paths given in the directory.
my bad...... I uploaded the class_core and class_parser into the admin---->inc folder..... Not just the inc folder like the instructions clearly said....
I should take the ones that were not suppose to be there out correct?

I am so thankful MyBB is THE BESt forum software out there..... I might be beat down to a pulp for being an amateur... Tank you.... once fixed it looks right now
I only have an uploads folder and and not a upload folder if that makes any difference.

Once I have loaded the 1.6.2 folder using Dreamweaver, it does not come up overwrite files. Which it may have done in the past.

Not sure how you overwrite the files, thou, using dreamweaver.

Loaded in zingiri-forum(wp plugin)/myBB/Uploads

I am sure this is easy, but something isn't right
I'm impressed at the speed mybb is developing
I started in june last year with mybb 1.4.13 and since then have had 3 version updates.
Just noticed an error on the blog post for 1.6.2
it says

changed_files_1601.zip

should it not be

changed_files_1602.zip

Not sure if the download link is right
Pages: 1 2 3