MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to 1.6.2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-02-24, 12:06 AM)Ben64 Wrote: [ -> ]I only have an uploads folder and and not a upload folder if that makes any difference.

Once I have loaded the 1.6.2 folder using Dreamweaver, it does not come up overwrite files. Which it may have done in the past.

Not sure how you overwrite the files, thou, using dreamweaver.

Loaded in zingiri-forum(wp plugin)/myBB/Uploads

I am sure this is easy, but something isn't right

You should only have an uploads folder, but a folder called upload or uploads has nothing to do with it anyway. Just go to were your current MyBB files and upload the new ones tithe same place, and they will replace the old ones. You'd be better off using a proper FTP client rather than DreamWeaver to upload files.
Hi

Which is a good free ftp Client to use notepad++,

I have got a basic FTP file manager on my host, but its seems that you have to upload all files individually, at a max of 50MB. So that would take forever. It has an overwrite tick box which I can not find in Dreamweaver.
Notepad++ is a text editor... Undecided Use FileZilla or something.
Cheers, thanks for your time.
Hi

Thanks so far

Downloaded Filezilla and uploaded the files okay.

Ran the upgrade script okay.

Said it was sucessful.

Went through WordPress Panel to MyBB Forum and it is still the 1.6.0 version.

However, I've now found out that the WP plugin, cc forum says don't upgrade until they have upgraded their plugin.

Trying to find out why.
Pages: 1 2 3