MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Theme Not Working Just On User Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After my first install, the default index.php looks like it's missing all the theme html/css styling. It also not being applied to:

User CP
Mod CP

However Admin CP looks and works great. In an unrelated tangent, it looks very similar to how yahoo's index page pulls up when their site is busy. Almost like:

Here's you data, you don't have to like, it's not pretty, but here it is.
Can I have your URL?
What is your ./cache/themes CHMOD to? It should be CHMOD 777.
(2011-02-24, 04:33 AM)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]What is your ./cache/themes CHMOD to? It should be CHMOD 777.
This happened last time, when I did all the CHMOD's to a T.

This happening was the first reason I walked away from MyBB. I fell in love with the ACP, but still go the f'd up user panel. I'll manually change them again. I believe that one was initially 775, and changed to 777.

I'll give it a try again.

Check your Admin CP for any directories/files which aren't CHMOD correctly.

Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > You should see a list of files and directories that aren't CHMOD correctly towards the bottom. If they are all CHMOD correctly, it will display this notice "All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings.". If not, it will display a list of files/directories which need to be CHMOD.
(2011-02-24, 04:42 AM)Spencer Wrote: [ -> ]Check your Admin CP for any directories/files which aren't CHMOD correctly.

Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > You should see a list of files and directories that aren't CHMOD correctly towards the bottom. If they are all CHMOD correctly, it will display this notice "All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings.". If not, it will display a list of files/directories which need to be CHMOD.
I just FTP'd to look, the CHMOD, it was 775, now 777.

All others did not require changing. The UNIX shell let the PHP install set those permissions properly.

Try this: Admin CP > Templates & Styles > *your theme* > Go through each of the stylesheet's "Options" dropdown > Properties > Click "Save Stylesheet Properties".

This should refresh the theme's style cache.
I don't have one, just default, but it worked, and your suggestion makes odd sense.

It's odd, because I did an install, where I transferred the files over, and being extremely Anal, I did set the CHMOD's properly on all the directories, and files. I guess my ftp server hic-cupped, because it worked exactly as you said, and it makes total sense.

Some how the install managed to check/set './cache' to 777, and set to './cache/themes' only to 775

The install I tried awhile back I had set the permissions, pre-install. So am I just a blithering idiot that can't read directions, and I misread you have to change the permissions "after" the install, and not "before" the install?
Very odd, as when installing, it checks to see if all the required files/directories are CHMOD correctly. If any of the files or directories aren't, it won't let you continue your installation.

When you installed the test installation, did all the files/directories show up as CHMOD correctly?
Pages: 1 2