MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread Subscribe Problem & Board Moderator Usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I'm wanting a certain usergroup to moderate a certain forum, but when I enter the name of the usergroup (which is Advisors) it comes with with Advisors ( 9). I know it should be coming up with something like Advisors (Usergroup 9), as I've read through other threads, and I have tried to reupload the admin folder, (Path: inc/languages/english) but still, nothing's working.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Meep.

EDIT: I've just encountered another problem, where when I try to subscribe to a thread it comes up with Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again....
Yeah this is a bug, we've changed how this works in the next maintenance release. Submitting it as Advisors ( 9) should work though.
Oh I see, and it still comes up with he specified username/group was not found..
Weird, what happens if you put in Advisors (Usergroup 9) manually??

(2011-02-27, 06:43 PM)Meep Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I've just encountered another problem, where when I try to subscribe to a thread it comes up with Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again....

Near the bottom of the showthread template you'll see this:

<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}">

it should be this:

<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">
I've tried that, it still comes up with the error.
With the Subscription code, I edited it, but now it's not showing at the bottom of a thread...
Go to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > File Verification > run this, does it say anything's changed?? If your files are up to date it should be showing the text, but even if it's not showing the text it shouldn't matter.

If it's not showing anymore then it looks like you made a mistake making the edit, post your showthread template here...
It won't let me run it, it comes up with There was a problem communicating with the MyBB server. Please try again in a few minutes.
Well, it looks like you've got mismatched files here if it's giving the error when adding the moderator, it works fine on my forum. Look in the copy of ./inc/languages/english/xmlhttp.php that's uploaded to your server, what's the last line in it before the ?> at the end??
$l['edited_post'] = "Edited Post";
Right, you've not got the latest version then, it should end with $l['usergroup'] = "Usergroup";... upload a new copy of that file from a fresh download.
Pages: 1 2