MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve traffic/registrations over at my site? I seem to be having trouble getting people to join.

It's always been a dream to run an active forum with High Quality content, and without traffic it isn't going to happen.

Suggestions?

-Shannon
Create content, lots of it. Then advertise on forum that mildly relates. (Make sure you aren't breaking any rules though)
How am I supposed to generate content without traffic and active members? It fazzles me.
You need to do it Wink make a few accounts and have a good conversation with yourself Smile
That's way too time consuming and not even worth it. You end up with 10 accounts with 5 posts that won't be used again.
(2011-03-04, 05:38 AM)Shannon Wrote: [ -> ]How am I supposed to generate content without traffic and active members? It fazzles me.

You can create content yourself, by posting in a blogging way. You can hire posters (they don't cost much or you can even trade posts). Or you ask friends to come in an participate.
I don't have any spare cash to spare, actually, I struggled scraping up the cash to keep the site running. As for trading posts, that's gonna take a lot of my spare time that I don't have. My friends aren't really interested, and barely any actually program.

Sorry if I'm seeming so negative, but I'm telling the truth and I can't change that in any way whatsoever.

-Shannon
Well if you can't put time in it, it won't succeed, simple as that.
I have put time in, I've took other things from my social life just to work on the site. That's dedication.

Making accounts (5), would take at least 10-15 minutes and then signing in and out of each one to make 10+ posts would take at least an hour or more.
The fact is that when you have a site you have to devote time to make it a big site. You cannot just expect your site to grow over time, you have to put initiative into it to make it big. Even if it takes that long, believe me, it is worth it.
Pages: 1 2 3