MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Earthquake rocked northeast Japan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
An 8.9-magnitude earthquake rocked northeast Japan on Friday afternoon local time, prompting a tsunami that sent 30-foot waves ashore along the country's northeast coast.

A Bloomberg television report filed about five hours after the earthquake reports that it was one of the most powerful to ever hit Japan. However, it appears to be nowhere near as destructive as the 9.3-magnitude earthquake that shook Indonesia – the second-largest in recorded history – and prompted a tsunami that killed more than 300,000 people in over a dozen countries.

[attachment=21910]

The tsumani is supposed to hit some of north america too. I hope this doesn't become a huge diaster, terrible enough its affected Japan.
There's a rumour that the earthquake could completely wipe Hawaii off the map forever. I hope that doesn't happen.

Can we get this stickied? Smile
(2011-03-11, 05:24 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]There's a rumour that the earthquake could completely wipe Hawaii off the map forever. I hope that doesn't happen.

Do a little basic research ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12714558

My friends in Japan seem to be OK, so far. I'm relieved. But this is an awful thing.
Didn't realise, since I was at school Confused

Hawaii is fine now for sure. I'm worried about San Francisco though.
This is terrible! Sad My prayers are going out to them.
San Diego has been hit by the tsunami, according to the latest reports.
Yeah it was crazy watching it live on Al Jazeera around 6 hours ago seeing the tsunami eat up a street of cars.

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/
I just saw some footage of it on TV. I was quite amazed at how easily it ate the houses. I really didn't know tsunamis were that powerful. And the streets looked like they were being cleaned.

All I can say is good luck and thank god I don't live in Japan or anywhere near the affected areas.
Pages: 1 2 3