MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: prune forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking for a way to prune forums without users losing post count.
You mean to "delete" forums without deleting posts it have ?
no I mean removing threads/posts without a user losing post count.
Select posts / threads and Unapprove them all.. OR .. Select posts / threads and move them to the hidden forums.
this is what I have done, but I want to reduce the size of my database to improve board speed and performance.
Users will lose postcount.
(2011-03-15, 12:59 PM)Mr. Chinn Wrote: [ -> ]this is what I have done, but I want to reduce the size of my database to improve board speed and performance.

Then there is no other way to "hide" postcount. Unless someone make any sort of plugin for you.
Well, if you don't want to delete them just hide them, move them to a hidden forum, but still allow postcount to be counted.
(2011-03-15, 12:59 PM)Mr. Chinn Wrote: [ -> ]this is what I have done, but I want to reduce the size of my database to improve board speed and performance.

A "dirty" solution would be emptying all posts once you moved them to a hidden trashcan froum so that there is less data stored, but that still means that there is something in the db.

How bad is the performance problem/load anyhow? When I hear about the big forums running mybb flawlessly, it's probably rather a server issue.
[Image: specs4mybb.jpg]

I don't think it's the server.
Pages: 1 2