MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb 1.7 or 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-03-17, 10:56 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait to see the new code...MyBB is the only forum system that has such clean and readable code

No stuff like

if(stuff)
nobracketcode

Everything is organized properly. I really like that about MyBB so i hope they won't abandon it.
Are you positive on this? If is like a very basic PHP function, even I know it. You've inspired me to go through the code of 1.6 now. I'll report back with my findings.

What do they mean by new code?
(2011-03-17, 03:11 PM)mithokey Wrote: [ -> ]What do they mean by new code?

MyBB 2.0 is based off an MVC framework.

(2011-03-17, 10:56 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Everything is organized properly. I really like that about MyBB so i hope they won't abandon it.

Our development standards - which tells us is how the code is written - is largely unchanged for 2.0. You'll be able to easily read through it just like 1.6.

(2011-03-17, 12:35 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]Are you positive on this? If is like a very basic PHP function, even I know it. You've inspired me to go through the code of 1.6 now. I'll report back with my findings.

Parts of MyBB 1.x's coding is almost 10 years old, it's really simple 'old-school' PHP and a really good way to start to learn the basics. Smile

Edit: FYI, it would MyBB 1.8, not MyBB 1.7. Toungue
Tomm M. Wrote:Parts of MyBB 1.x's coding is almost 10 years old, it's really simple 'old-school' PHP and a really good way to start to learn the basics. Smile

Edit: FYI, it would MyBB 1.8, not MyBB 1.7. Toungue
Oh, thanks for the cool fact! Big Grin
(2011-03-17, 03:19 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: FYI, it would MyBB 1.8, not MyBB 1.7. Toungue

/OFFTOPIC: I disagree there Toungue MyBB 1.6 was known as 1.5 when it was in beta Toungue So it would be 1.7 XD
>ZOMG BETAS ARE ODD NUMBERS WHAT A GREAT DISCORVERY XDD

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Versions#Version_system

You guys really need to read the Wiki once and a while.
I stopped reading it till 1.6.2 is added :p
(2011-03-17, 10:56 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait to see the new code...MyBB is the only forum system that has such clean and readable code

No stuff like

if(stuff)
nobracketcode

Everything is organized properly. I really like that about MyBB so i hope they won't abandon it.

If they abandon MyBB I'll eat my own shoe.
It's opem source now so anyone can pick it up at anytime even if they did.
What i meant about abanding is the way the code is written. It's "perfect"...easily readable, no shortening of stuff.
I can't wait to see the rewritten code.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6