MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb 1.7 or 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-12-30, 01:50 PM)Digispy Wrote: [ -> ]Can I suggest you make the updates easier to install. I also have a SMF forum and all you do it install it via the cpanel, its that simple

They can't include their plugins into cPanel...
cPanel team checks for notorious plugins and adds them, there's no way to add or even suggest your plugin to them..

And updating forums or installing them is easier than drinking a cup of coffee, you just click some buttons and you're done..

RE-Post
(2011-12-30, 02:22 PM)Digispy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-30, 02:20 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]How much easier can we make it?

Well I've just upgrade my SMF forum and only had to click a link on the cpanel, wouldn't you agree thats easier ?

Find a host with softaculous. MyBB is included in that.
If you're running a website you should be prepared to spend 5 minutes every few months to maintain it.
(2011-12-30, 02:22 PM)Digispy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-30, 02:20 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]How much easier can we make it?

Well I've just upgrade my SMF forum and only had to click a link on the cpanel, wouldn't you agree thats easier ?

Not at all. Maybe if you knew absolutely nothing. But running a forum means becoming an administrator. You got to know something. :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6