MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: eXtend Cpanel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking to get my very first forum up but it is proving to be really difficult for me, either because im doing something wrong or the Cpanel im using is just not allowing it!

The Cpanel is eXtend has anyone used this for a forum and successfully installed MyBB? Just want to get it up and running asap so i can get messing round and set things how i like them.

I have followed guide after guide, video after video with no luck. Hopefully this community can give me some advice.

Ben
All you really need is phpMyAdmin and MySQL databases, which it should have to be of quality software.
Datebases i have, where would i find this phpMyAdmin? as i can find it on the Cpanel.
(2011-03-20, 10:38 AM)Benn Wrote: [ -> ]Datebases i have, where would i find this phpMyAdmin? as i can find it on the Cpanel.

Screenshot the index page of the control panel.
Here you go, took pics of what i thought were the main areas. Rest were E-Commence, CGI Scripts and Web resources.

[Image: cpanele.png]

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7044/cpanele.png
Please take a larger one. I can't read the text, it's too small.
Sorry mate, thought you could click on the image or link and it would appear bigger.

there you go - http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2766/cpanely.png

[Image: cpanely.png]
Interesting, i don't see phpmyadmin, or other software for controlling mysql databases, only MySQL Databases, where i assume you must create databases and assign them privileges.
Think i need to look into other hosting, heard of lot of people say how easy it is to install MyBB, but with this Cpanel i just cant do it.

Any hosts you would suggest? Looking for a fairly cheap one.
(2011-03-20, 11:01 AM)Benn Wrote: [ -> ]Think i need to look into other hosting, heard of lot of people say how easy it is to install MyBB, but with this Cpanel i just cant do it.

Any hosts you would suggest? Looking for a fairly cheap one.

Stablehost.com - But now we're on a completely different topic.

Solution: Get a better host.
Pages: 1 2