MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My First Theme that I designed for my GFx site,please have a look,maybe a great theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I decided to start off working on a CUSTOM theme for my GFx site.The site is launched yesterday only,please can you guys leeme know your views? Here are some of the previews:

[Image: 3Z4LS.png]

[Image: lbg3D.png]

The theme is called MyGFx

Link to the GFx Forums:

www.gfxbay.net

I would be releasing awesome MyBB themes there on the site in premium theme sections shortly after my exams.Please join if you like the site and GFx topics Smile

Please guys,can you tell me if you liked that theme or not?

And am not lying,this is my first theme made right from the scratch.

Thanks.
You need to change the background colour for thead and tfoot so it matches the bottom of the image.

Other than that it looks good. Smile
To make your theme good, make some template edits.
This looks like you just tried to copy hackforums, and failed.
@ AJ: I liked this way,I prefer it more,I linked another special footer image so its kinda different with thead one.

@Joen: I like to develop theme from the basic mybb style more Smile

Although,I would create themes for people from all types and I did made template edits actually.
(2011-03-20, 12:17 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]This looks like you just tried to copy hackforums, and failed.
excuse me,I did NOT COPIED THAT!Don't blame,I made it right from the scratch,Labrocca knows about my forums.So don't just accuse anyone,yes I am really a fan of Labrocca and HF and this inspired me to develop a theme but not a COPY! :@

Okay, it's your choice, good luck and yeah, looks like SupportForums, HF, and MyBBCentral. XD
(2011-03-20, 01:45 PM)zZJoennZz Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, it's your choice, good luck and yeah, looks like SupportForums, HF, and MyBBCentral. XD
-.- As I told,am impressed by Labrocca and its style but not RIPPING,if I want,I could have cloned HF but no,I like originality.

If I was Labrocca I'd have you torn in a million pieces right about now.
Why do people get so much "inspiration" from HF, anyways? The theme isn't even that up to date, do you think that making a similar theme to a popular forum is going to make your forum grow? Too bad people find sites based on content, not theme.

Other than the fact that it's a blatant knock-off, it's not that bad I guess.
(2011-03-20, 10:22 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Why do people get so much "inspiration" from HF, anyways? The theme isn't even that up to date, do you think that making a similar theme to a popular forum is going to make your forum grow? Too bad people find sites based on content, not theme.

Other than the fact that it's a blatant knock-off, it's not that bad I guess.

Yeah, the only thing he took from HF is the colors I suppose, which means NOTHING. And he's using MyBBCentral's background, which could be public too.
Pages: 1 2