MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So whenever I try to change the color of Admin font, in the usergroups section. I get this error message.

Quote:Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.galaxialmarket.com Port 80

Any idea?
(2011-03-21, 02:08 AM)ghoku Wrote: [ -> ]...
You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server...

Are you normally able to use the admin section for other things?
Are you on Hostgator? There used to be a serious issue with their custom version of mod_security*

*Anyone who sees this: Did that ever get resolved?

(2011-03-21, 02:36 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-21, 02:08 AM)ghoku Wrote: [ -> ]...
You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server...

Are you normally able to use the admin section for other things?
Are you on Hostgator? There used to be a serious issue with their custom version of mod_security*

*Anyone who sees this: Did that ever get resolved?

Yes I am able to access that. But only cannot change in users and usergroup. No I am not hosted on hostgator.
OK
If 'everything else' is working you could go into the database table mybb_usergroups and edit the color code there.*

Afterword you might need to go into the ACP and rebuild the usergroup cache (very easy look in maintenance section), then you will see the database change take effect. Smile

Have fun...

*Not a "completely proper" fix, but will work
(2011-03-21, 02:43 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]OK
If 'everything else' is working you could go into the database table mybb_usergroups and edit the color code there.*

Afterword you might need to go into the ACP and rebuild the usergroup cache (very easy look in maintenance section), then you will see the database change take effect. Smile

Have fun...

*Not a "completely proper" fix, but will work

I tried changing it directly from the database, but no changes take affect.
  • Afterword you might need to go into the ACP and rebuild the usergroup cache (very easy look in maintenance section), then you will see the database change take effect. Smile
(2011-03-21, 03:09 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Afterword you might need to go into the ACP and rebuild the usergroup cache (very easy look in maintenance section), then you will see the database change take effect. Smile

Can you redirect me to maintenance section?

Edit: Never mind I found where to rebuild.
(2011-03-21, 03:12 AM)ghoku Wrote: [ -> ]...
Problem is fixed...

Cheap and easy work-around succeeded Toungue

#
Hopefully, you will not see the 404 error again.
  • Are you sure all the standard MyBB files were uploaded to your server?

No i still see it. I though it was fixed. :\
This is a host configuration issue. The first place you should look in is the logs that the host provides, specifically the error log to find out the reason for the forbidden message.

Another thing to check is that all your mybb files are chmoded properly for the webserver to read.
Pages: 1 2