MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP!! , forum not working now, Some users problems with signing in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I did all that >.>, this is what is now on my forum;

Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/tribalen/public_html/forums/inc/settings.php on line 133
can PM me your MSN?
Well I'm sorry but after I took your suggestion this all went wrong in the first place. I'd rather have a staff member of Mybb helping me. And anyways, I have to go off to work now >.> perfect timing as usual when problems like this arise.
(2011-03-22, 04:40 PM)ShinLi Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm sorry but after I took your suggestion this all went wrong in the first place. I'd rather have a staff member of Mybb helping me. And anyways, I have to go off to work now >.> perfect timing as usual when problems like this arise.
it doesn't cause a problem,it can be done via ftp easily,theres nothing that I told which messed up this things,see my forum in signature,its perfect.

This is what's currently in my settings.php

Quote:$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".forums.tribalentropy.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/;
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "/";
(2011-03-22, 04:45 PM)ShinLi Wrote: [ -> ]This is what's currently in my settings.php

Quote:$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".forums.tribalentropy.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/;
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "/";
your cookie prefix should be empty i.e. (""),no value.
I removed the / at the cookie prefix, still no change ><[/align]
What program did you use to edit your inc/settings.php file?

This error message you're getting:

Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/tribalen/public_html/forums/inc/settings.php on line 133

Is usually caused if you use notepad to edit the file. Notepad (and a few other editors) add some whitespace at the begining and/or the end of the file causing php to show that error.

Use a program like Notepad++ to make the changes to your inc/settings.php file.

If you still have problems PM youf ftp and admincp details and I'll be glad to look in to it.
I edited it via the file manager using the code editor, using cpanel. Im really new to self-hosting and all this jazz, so if you can help me out please do, I'm just afraid I'll just mess it up more. I will pm you the details.
I'm sorry to bump this again. For some of my users the problems seems to be fixed. However some are still experiencing problems and can't login or logout. We really need to get this fixed, because we heavily rely on people being able to sign in and out for our activity. Because some users have multiple accounts they roleplay with (representing their characters).

Here's the topic that's on my forum about it and some of the users who still experience problems, you can post there as a guest. http://forums.tribalentropy.com/showthre...690#pid690

I'm frankly at a loss, please help >.>
Pages: 1 2 3