MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP!! , forum not working now, Some users problems with signing in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since its happening randomly to random users, could you ask your users to clear out their cookies and cache? It is possible that some of them still have the older corrupt cookies on their systems that might be conflicting.

Also try and choose a url and stick to it, I see that you are using both forums.tribalentropy.com and tribalentropy.com/forums. If someone follows your forum site from the main site, the url becomes tribalentropy.com/forums otherwise its forums.tribalentropy.com.
Either setup proper redirects so that you have a single url scheme or have the link on your main site correctly point to forums.tribalentropy.com

The way you have it now will not only hurt your ranking on search engines (they penalize for duplicate content which is what this will be seen as) but could also be the cause of the prolems you're facing with the login/logout.
When I put a re-direct from the main site (using wordpress) I could'nt use the forums.tribalentropy.com or something >.>. It just changed it to tribalentropy.com/forums So I suppose I'll just have to figure how to fix that then.

I will ask them to remove their cookies and cache and use the forums.tribalentropy.com
We are still experiencing problems >.>. This is getting rather annoying and is seriously hurting my forums activity. My members are annoyed and I can't seem to fix it. I have passed along all the recomendations, and it is still not working. Even I cannot log out anymore on my account on Chrome. (and I didn't experience that earlier) On Firefox I have no problems, but other members are experiencing problems in Firefox.

Really this is my last attempt to fix this, if not I'm going to move to another forum software, because this is seriously hurting my forums activity. And if its not resolved soon, I'm stuck with a dead forum.
What exactly do you expect us to do?

In my last post I asked you to try and use a single url format and stick to it. If there are multiple ways to access a forum then choose one and redirect the other to the one you've chosen.

I see that as one of the problems with your site.
You say you are asking your users to use forums.domain.com but you can not rely on them to use the right url, you have to set up your system that it overcomes user error.

When I open your site in chrome I see at least 3 different versions of cookies from your site probably some left from previous misconfigurations and others a mix of the main site url and the subdomain.

The software works, I know because I have never had a problem with logging in or out of any of the MyBB forums I use, even when I use multiple accounts on my forums to login as test users.

I had this problem on chrome,this should solve:

Chrome:

Options>Settings>Cookie settings

Delete cookies for your settings and try it.

If not,you cookie is still wrong,paste those settings here,it got solved for me the very day.
What I expect you to do? Well help me out? I'm new to self-hosting, I'm new to Mybb, so I can make mistakes? Or is that not allowed? I don't always know how to fix my own mistakes, that's what the support forums are for right? It's easy when you know what your doing, it's not so easy when you are trying to figure everything out. I'm sure you started out the same way I did, and was grateful when there were people trying to help you out, even taking your hand if that was necessary.

It's easy to say 'If there are multiple ways to access a forum then choose one and redirect the other to the one you've chosen.' But if I have no clue how to do that... I'm still sitting here going wtf....
(2011-04-14, 11:22 AM)ShinLi Wrote: [ -> ]What I expect you to do? Well help me out? I'm new to self-hosting, I'm new to Mybb, so I can make mistakes? Or is that not allowed? I don't always know how to fix my own mistakes, that's what the support forums are for right? It's easy when you know what your doing, it's not so easy when you are trying to figure everything out. I'm sure you started out the same way I did, and was grateful when there were people trying to help you out, even taking your hand if that was necessary.

It's easy to say 'If there are multiple ways to access a forum then choose one and redirect the other to the one you've chosen.' But if I have no clue how to do that... I'm still sitting here going wtf....
Brother,don't be harsh,calm down,am sorry by his side if that hurted. Smile

If you want,you PM me your MSN and I would try figuring out the problem for you and solving it. Smile

(2011-04-14, 11:22 AM)ShinLi Wrote: [ -> ]What I expect you to do? Well help me out? I'm new to self-hosting, I'm new to Mybb, so I can make mistakes? Or is that not allowed? I don't always know how to fix my own mistakes, that's what the support forums are for right? It's easy when you know what your doing, it's not so easy when you are trying to figure everything out. I'm sure you started out the same way I did, and was grateful when there were people trying to help you out, even taking your hand if that was necessary.

I did help you out, first by fixing your cookie issues then by letting you know that you still have potential problems with the urls.

Did you fix the url issue? NO

Did you ask anyone here on how you would go about fixing that? NO, instead you replied "...I suppose I'll just have to figure how to fix that then..." which to me means you'll figure it out on your own.
If you still needed help with it then you should have just posted here (or PMed me) on how you would go about fixing that.

Instead you come back, with the problems you said you'll figure out how to fix, still not fixed and start laying to blame the software...

Yes, I started out knowing nothing and I'm still learning new things as I go but if I don't know something I ask to be shown and not claim that I'll figure it out and then then go berserk when I can't
Domain pointer really doesnt work in login options, SO you need to select forwarding..option. and no other, it should come to one domain, until unless you have set your cookie to root and have configured in all of your same cookie settings.
Pages: 1 2 3