MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to integrate AJAX Chat with your MyBB theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-07-20, 06:25 PM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Database name i put this correct?
$config['database']['database'] = '';

and for the Link I put what?

That doesn't look like the code I posted. Is it under the "Database connection values" comment?

And I don't think you need to put anything in the link.

Every time I installed this is worked without me having to enter database values, so idk why you're having this trouble.
Thats from my inc/config.php since I dont know my DB info, is that the line from the file that I use for the DB name in the chat config?

I get this now going to /chat/
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/gfxcafen/public_html/mcmines.com/chat/lib/config.php on line 27

thats the password line, my password has a ) in it, i think that might be why, any ideas?
(2011-07-20, 06:32 PM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Thats from my inc/config.php since I dont know my DB info, is that the line from the file that I use for the DB name in the chat config?

I get this now going to /chat/
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/gfxcafen/public_html/mcmines.com/chat/lib/config.php on line 27

thats the password line, my password has a ) in it, i think that might be why, any ideas?

Did you remember to put the quotes around the password?

I'm still clueless as to why it's not working like it should be. All you should have to do is upload the chat folder with all its contents and open install.php in your browser.
Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM gfxcafen_MC.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: Table 'gfxcafen_MC.ajax_chat_online' doesn't exist Error-Code: 1146
(2011-07-20, 09:15 PM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM gfxcafen_MC.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: Table 'gfxcafen_MC.ajax_chat_online' doesn't exist Error-Code: 1146

Ok, maybe something went wrong with the upload? Try deleting the chat folder, downloading a fresh copy off of SourceForge, and reuploading. It worked fine on the first try for me.
Redid it and this.
Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:
(2011-07-20, 09:25 PM)blake Wrote: [ -> ]Redid it and this.
Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:

There's something really weird going on here. I don't know what that error is, and it's not giving any other info.

Have you installed AJAX Chat before? I'm assuming you didn't, but it wouldn't hurt to check and see if the ajax_chat tables exist in the database and drop them if they do, unless you're using AJAX Chat elsewhere.
I have the problem that AJAX chat starts and works fine, but messages are just not delivered, not even shown in the chat window. But also no error message is given. I have the right PHP 5 version, sessions path set, MySQL tables set up and connected... as I say, all works except that messages written dont get through.... Sad
Hey,

This Ajax Chat doesnt have option which blocks it to normal users, i want to make chat available to only specified users. So i wanted to change the /chat/ url to something else that everyone cant find but i am not sure how to do it. I used the trick which explained in this topic but this is not what i want.

So basically, i want to change /chat/ url to something else and i dont know how to do it. If you guys do please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Hello everyone. I recently purchased the license for a single instance of Blabchatpro6 so I could have the chat room integrated with myBB forum so that no additional log in would be required. Members would simply enter the chat room from the forum. Problem is, it's not working like they say it would. Instead, you can only log in as a guest. No password required, but you still have to enter a name, any name. There's an option to register an account with password, but when you do it gives an error message saying, "incorrect data" It never emails you your log in details and trying to login in with the name and password gives the same error message. Additionally, it recognizes the name registered so you can't log in as guest with that name. This was supposed to integrate with the user names registered in the forums so you wouldn't need to log in when entering the chat room. At least the free version allowed you to register properly.

My fellow admin and I are at a loss. We figure there must be something we're missing, but not sure what. Their instructions are really quite poor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

VictorH
Pages: 1 2 3 4