MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default template/skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

I like MyBB, mainly because of the hooking system.
But, seriously, the default template/skin is ugly. It seems like an amateurish mix between IPB 1.3 and phpBB 2.0.

Also... small suggestion... please avoid using images for buttons (this is common for many BBS), just use an image as background of the button (without text), so we can add pure text above it (useful for localization). I don't know why most BBS hardcode text inside images.

My 2 cents
The theme will have a whole new look in MyBB 2.0
Its not supposed to be amazing, else everyone would use the same theme...
(2011-03-27, 04:02 PM)dK JaSon Wrote: [ -> ]The theme will have a whole new look in MyBB 2.0

This also you can make your own theme and use css buttons if so desired.
I'm talking about the default template/theme, because it actually looks unprofessional.
(2011-03-27, 04:27 PM)ekerazha Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about the default template/theme, because it actually looks unprofessional.

there is a reason you can customize it. If you don't life it, then make a new one.
(2011-03-27, 04:34 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-27, 04:27 PM)ekerazha Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about the default template/theme, because it actually looks unprofessional.

there is a reason you can customize it. If you don't life it, then make a new one.

Sorry, but the fact that you can customize it, it's not a good reason to have an ugly default theme.

Glad to know that 2.0 will have a new theme.
(2011-03-27, 04:44 PM)ekerazha Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-27, 04:34 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry, but the fact that you can customize it, it's not a good reason to have an ugly default theme.

Glad to know that 2.0 will have a new theme.

Would you like a stunning theme, and 100,000 forums all using it?
(2011-03-27, 04:44 PM)ekerazha Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but the fact that you can customize it, it's not a good reason to have an ugly default theme.

I think most forum software has a ugly default. but if it was a really great default theme everyone would use it and then there would be 1000s of sites that all looked the same and there would be no point in having theme designers as they would have no one to design themes for.
I quite like the default theme although i completely changed it for my site.
(2011-03-27, 04:49 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Would you like a stunning theme, and 100,000 forums all using it?

If it is ugly "by design", then mission accomplished.

(2011-03-27, 04:51 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]I think most forum software has a ugly default. but if it was a really great default theme everyone would use it and then there would be 1000s of sites that all looked the same and there would be no point in having theme designers as they would have no one to design themes for.
I quite like the default theme although i completely changed it for my site.

Not really, i.e. just compare this theme and the IP.Board 3 theme. Every user can choose between a custom theme and the default theme, it's a matter of branding and it's not a problem of yours.
Pages: 1 2 3