MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE8 and Double Posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys, I have noticed that MyBB will double post in IE8 but I have not been able to recreate in Firefox. It doesn't do it all the time but maybe 3 outta 10 times but that is 3 times too many! Several members have also confirmed IE8 Double postings.

Any ideas what could be causing this? And how can I fix?
I've never heard of IE 8 doing that. Do you mean IE 9?
No...it's definitely IE8.

I'm also getting an occasional page hang on the redirect screen after clicking view new posts. None of this happens on FireFox.

I do notice that after you click submit, the page flashes before the new post appears but if it hangs there, you can click submit again and get the double. If you wait, it posts fine.
URL?? Test account?? I used to use IE8 a lot and this never happened. Sounds likely it's something specific to your forum if it's happening to lots of people on your forum but not to anybody else's forum.
I never used to get double posts on IE8, but I do everytime I reply to a thread when using IE9.

(It's just happened, so I deleted the double post.)
IE9 broke javascript even though Microsoft were trying to make it more standards compliant; we've fixed that for the next maintenance release.
Several of the members reporting the issue were using the new IE9. I think mine was doing it because I tried IE9 but rolled back to IE8. My IE8 may not be 100% stable now??
Would have been helpful to have mentioned that before... yes, there are known issues with IE9, so if IE9 is involved in any way, then that will most likely be the cause.
My site has many problems with IE7, 8 and 9 as well.
Then please tell us your problems... Wink
Pages: 1 2