MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Denied Support type of system? How?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I own a gaming forum so it has various gaming articles trading section as well.So I was much impressed by the system here which mybb developed for its site for some of the support section.

If someone has content not suitable to mybb guidelines STAFF of mybb deny the particular user the support and it shows here in the selected section (HERE SUPPORT SECTION) that this user has been denied support.

Similarly I wanna do something like this for my gaming forum's marketplace,someone whose suspicious would be marked as Deal with the user on your own risk or whatever.

I was wondering is there such plugin which mybb would provide to me or I can develop something doing some template edits and adding some php codes to modcp and all that and thereby allowing doing something like this?

Thank you.

AND YEAH SHOULD BE FREE,I SAW SOME PLUGIN ON MYBBEXTRAS BUT IS ONLY FOR SUBSCRIBERS!
No man,thats not what I want,dude.However this image:

http://mods.mybb.com/uploads/previews/13...upport.png

Shows that you cannot start a thread,but I want like mybb,it would allow him to start thread but he would be always enclosed with the warning that users can see that he has been denied support or whatever message.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/mysupport is the plugin that runs here. As can be seen in that screenshot, the user will be able to open a thread and the denied message will be shown. Furthermore you can set which forums to show that message in.
(2011-03-29, 07:08 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]http://mods.mybb.com/view/mysupport is the plugin that runs here. As can be seen in that screenshot, the user will be able to open a thread and the denied message will be shown. Furthermore you can set which forums to show that message in.
No I mean,

The denied message that also shows up on the postbit.

Also the denied user here at mybb when opens thread gets same message as shown in the picture? And what about the above postbit question?

Thanks.

If you are admin, you'll see the "reason" as well.
Oh, I misunderstood. For some reason I was thinking of different forums but if a user is denied support in a forum they will not be able to open a thread in that forum, they can open threads in different non-support forums.

You could make a quick edit to the MySupport plugin to enable the users to still open threads even when being denied support.
Yes I would do that edit.

But what about my question:

HOW TO? make the denied message show up on the postbit.

Thanks.
(2011-03-29, 07:21 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]If you are admin, you'll see the "reason" as well.

(2011-03-29, 07:26 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I would do that edit.

But what about my question:

HOW TO? make the denied message show up on the postbit.

Thanks.

That message is shown to mods/admins but you can edit the plugin to show it to regular users too. You'd probably have to make it non-clickable though Wink
Pages: 1 2