MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Language error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I upgraded my forums from ver 1.4 --> 1.6 but i found the error in language. Pls see pictures below. How can i fix it?pls teach me. Thank you.
[Image: loim.png]

===========
mysite: revitviet.vn
Since this is happening only on the stats section and since that is a plugin it would be safe to say that this is a plugin problem. Moved to support
(2011-03-29, 07:26 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Since this is happening only on the stats section and since that is a plugin it would be safe to say that this is a plugin problem. Moved to support
Thank you for your reply but not only occur in stats section. It happens in forums also. pls see image. Thank you.
[Image: 329201143418pm.jpg]
I think its not a MyBB issue. You need to install that language in your Computer.
Indeed. I missed that when I first looked at your site.

Moved back to support.

It seems the problem is coming about when the string is cut as the full text looks ok when the thread is viewed.

Could you go to admincp >> tools & maintenance >> View php info

On that page, search for a section called mbstring. Is it there? If it is, does it say enabled?
(2011-03-29, 07:52 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed. I missed that when I first looked at your site.
Moved back to support.
It seems the problem is coming about when the string is cut as the full text looks ok when the thread is viewed.
Could you go to admincp >> tools & maintenance >> View php info
On that page, search for a section called mbstring. Is it there? If it is, does it say enabled?
I saw many line in this page but i can not find a section called mbstring. Can you show me more details? For example which section does that string stay in? (Configuration PHP Core ? or another section) thank you.

If its not there then it means that php is not configured with mbstring.

Are you sure that you did not have this problem with v1.4? Did you move hosts in between or could your host have dropped support for mbstring?

mbstring is used to cut multibyte character strings such as non-english characters that are more than a single byte. Lack of that would use php's substr which assumes every character is a byte long and thus the character count might cut a character in between.

Could you get your host to confirm if they have mbstring support and if not, if they could add it?
(2011-03-29, 09:03 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]If its not there then it means that php is not configured with mbstring.

Are you sure that you did not have this problem with v1.4? Did you move hosts in between or could your host have dropped support for mbstring?

mbstring is used to cut multibyte character strings such as non-english characters that are more than a single byte. Lack of that would use php's substr which assumes every character is a byte long and thus the character count might cut a character in between.

Could you get your host to confirm if they have mbstring support and if not, if they could add it?
1. Are you sure that you did not have this problem with v1.4?
Yes i am sure
Did you move hosts in between or could your host have dropped support for mbstring?
No i didn't.
In my languge only some character have problem. Not all. so i don't think this reason. For example these following character have problem: á ; ứ ; ụ. Another thing is ok for example trụ, góp ý, xây dựng

The reason I say its the reason I think it is is because those characters only appear in places where the string has been truncated and ... added to the end. If you actually follow the link and look at the entire thread's title it shows fine. I also didn't see any of those characters anywhere else on the board unless I missed it. If it was a problem with encoding then those characters would always not show up right which is not the case here.

What version of MyBB 1.4 did you upgrade from?
I upgraded from 1.4.14. Thank you for your help.
Pages: 1 2