MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the best side box for mybb ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Preferrably for 1.6. It's tough to decide as there are numerous side boxes, so which one you do you all recommend to me?
I think the best sidebox plugin is My Side Boxes by labrocca, it requires a membership though and you will have to change the compatibility line to make it work with 1.6 (extremely easy, don't worry).

For a free alternative, Sidebox by Nayar is also pretty decent.
Alright thanks, oh and do you know if the plugin makes changes to the templates code or does it make the sideboxes on its own and stuff?
I know this sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but I know for a fact that the SideBox plugin I wrote is better than labrocca's because I provided everything he does, and then some more. Smile

Both his and mine do edit some templates, though in a future release of mine I plane on having it add everything on the fly.
(2011-04-01, 12:45 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I know this sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but I know for a fact that the SideBox plugin I wrote is better than labrocca's because I provided everything he does, and then some more. Smile

Both his and mine do edit some templates, though in a future release of mine I plane on having it add everything on the fly.

I can't find yours is it still available?
I'm moving to my own site right now, no longer affiliated with Skin City Designs. If you can wait until I return from my vacation next week, my new site will go live.

Like labrocca's though, mine is by subscription only. $10/yr is what I'm probably going to set it at.
(2011-03-31, 10:42 PM)zero_coke Wrote: [ -> ]Alright thanks, oh and do you know if the plugin makes changes to the templates code or does it make the sideboxes on its own and stuff?

Labrocca's plugin does, but Nayar's plugin doesn't.
The best sidebox is a simple template edit.
(2011-04-01, 12:50 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]The best sidebox is a simple template edit.

Except you can't run custom php code in a simple template edit Toungue Plus a template edit has to be added to every new theme you may add.

One of the features in the next release of my Side Box plugin is the ability to make sub-plugins for it, like you can do for Pirata's Newpoints. This will allow you to run completely custom code to load all sorts of things in the sideboxes, from Video Game stat data to whatever.

Of course, it really depends on what you're looking for.
Pages: 1 2 3