MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Online Members Not Appearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

The members of my forum and I have noticed that from time to time people who are online will not show up in the list of who’s online on the index or on the who’s online page. We noticed this a while back, but we pretty much just ignored it. As the site grows, however, it’s becoming more bothersome. The only way we know if someone is on is if they post, send a PM or talk in our shout box. Their status is not set to “invisible” they simply aren’t appearing on the who’s online list. Does anyone know why that may be or how it may be fixed? I tried changing the “users active in the past XX minutes” to lower and higher numbers and that doesn’t do anything. Any advice would be great, there’s a link to my site in my signature and if you need any further information, please let me know. Thank you for your time.
Sorry to bump, but does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?
I can see the list there: [attachment=22167]

Go to: ACP > Users and Groups > Groups > Select your usergroup > Edit > and tick the Can view who's online? option in Who's Online under Miscellaneous tab.
That's already checked off--I can see who's online. The problem is that sometimes a member can be signed on, but they won't show up on the "who's online" list despite being online and not being marked as invisible.

For example: I can be logged onto the site (not marked as invisible), but people still can't see that I'm online despite having the permission to see who's online.

I hope that made sense, it's kind of hard to explain and it's even harder to show an example of it as it only happens at random.
Does anyone have any possible solutions or reasons why this would be happening?
What version of MyBB are you using?

Couple of other things:

Does this always happen to certain users or is this completely random? Whenever a user who is not showing up online posts, can you get the ip address of that post?

Are you using any plugins? Which ones?
I'm using 1.6.2 currently.

It's all completely random: when it happens and who it happens to. Members have mentioned that they can't see me at times too, so it also doesn't seem to matter what group you're in.

If someone posts when not showing up, I can still get the ip address of the post.

I am using:

SignHeightLimit (1.0)
Board Messages (2.0.1)
Spider Bots (1.1)
Bump Thread (1.01)
Contact Form (3.1)
BBCode in Custom Profile Fields (1.0)
Default Avatar (1.0)
Fake Admin CP (1.0)
Favicon (1.1)
Gaming ID`s (1.0)
Group Notice (1.0)
MyBB GoMobile (1.0 Beta 4)
Google SEO (1.1.13)
UserGroup Legend On Index (1.1)
User IP Log (1.1)
Its My Birthday! (2.2)
jSnippets For MyBB (1.00)
Multiple Account Detector (M.A.D) (1.0)
MyMood (1.0 Beta)
My Awards (1.3)
MyShoutbox (1.5)
MyTabs (1.31)
Show the users that has been online today (2.0)
Page Manager (1.5)
Profile Buddies (1.4.1)
Report PM (1.0)
Rules Page (2.0)
Select All Code & PhP Blocks (1.0)
Skype MyBB! (1.4.1)
Social Sites (0.2.1)
Spoiler BBCode (1.6)
Stop forum spam (1.2)
Top Posters (0.1)
Welcome Guest (1.5)
Welcome PM/Email (1.1)
While you were typing (1.2)
I was able to get two screen shots of members not appearing. Hopefully this clears my description up a bit.
What colours are the usergoups set to? Are you able to highlight over the name and have something come up?
Not really sure why the colors would matter considering it happens to all of the groups, but Admins are a light read, Global Mods are Blue, Creative Mod are lavender, Mods in training are maroon, registered users are the orange color. Highlight over which name and where? If they aren't showing up on the "who's online" list, then I can't highlight over them because they aren't there (shown in the attachments), if they're there I can hover over the name it it's a link to their profile.
Pages: 1 2