MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Okay, I'm bored of Ubuntu, now what?

Arch, Fedora, Gentoo, Mint? Which one should I move to?
Mint Smile
windows
pls no windows it cost money

Also added a poll.
Try elementary OS. The first release basically just came out. It's built on ubuntu, but stripped down and with the elementary theme and programs (Midori, Postler, Dexter) as standard. Well worth a try.

Any way, changing OS because you're "bored" of it.... Why? Why go to all that trouble?
(2011-04-03, 08:58 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Mint Smile

Mint is just Ubuntu with some fancy custom frontend stuff.

Tweep, try Fedora. It's my favourite distro.
Arch, Crunchbang or Peppermint.

Quote:Any way, changing OS because you're "bored" of it.... Why? Why go to all that trouble?

It's free. We have the freedom to do so whenever we like. It's fun trying them all out.
Meh. I know a lot of people do it, I just prefer to get into a stable environment, then I just tend to stay there. I was running Ubuntu 9.04 till 10.10 came out purely because I had everything running just how I wanted.
Arch gets my vote! Big Grin
In first place, Why are you bored?

I don't think that some relation exists between Ubuntu and Gentoo, from the point of view of a regular Ubuntu user. They are widely different worlds.

Between Arch and Gentoo, even maybe Fedora, yes, there exists some kind of relation, but Ubuntu? Mint? This gives me the impression that you don't really know what you're looking for.

Anyway, this is my opinion: try Arch (not Gentoo, yet) and get some more real Linux flavor whit it, and later you'll see the GNU/Linux world in a different way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6