MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disposable Email Blocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-07-05, 06:39 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any individual scum left to filter?

I think he's trolling.
oh there are plenty "left"
ie,
just about every 173. which is primarily for web hosting sites, rather than typical user traffic.

the never ending and changing bots

if that's the only traffic that comes, i'm content to have a private psuedo mail server thats very spam free

Just wanted to update everyone with something that I've tested, if you can source out the Server IP address of the Disposable email, example; 10minutemail, etc, you can block the entire IP range that the website uses on your server's firewall level. This is assuming you have access to your firewall.

I've tested this, and the email validation will not go through because it stops all incoming & outgoing traffic to the blocked range of IP addresses.

So even if 10minutemail or any other disposable email service were to get whole new domains, they'd be ineffective unless they got new server IP addresses entirely, in which case it helps with blocking the entire range as it reduces their odds of getting new IPs that aren't blocked.
Pages: 1 2 3