MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CoolHangout - Come have fun at the beach!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Site Name: CoolHangout
Site URL: http://coolhangout.net
Description: We're a forum that you can come have a good time and hang out with good friends. To enjoy your time here at our beach. You can do alot of things like play on the arcade, communticate, and much more!
Come by CoolHangout! We're currently hosting a contest and offering a special offer to earn subscriber!
Not a fan of the theme. The text in the posts are way too hard to read with that blue background.
(2011-04-17, 05:31 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of the theme. The text in the posts are way too hard to read with that blue background.

+1

Nice but you need a new logo Big Grin
(2011-04-17, 05:31 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of the theme. The text in the posts are way too hard to read with that blue background.

We already changed the text in the posts, etc recently. I have had no complaint so far. So I can't make it any better than what it is now. I made the text as dark as it can go without being to bad or to good. I can personally read it just fine.

(2011-04-17, 05:44 PM)Angel Caquias. Wrote: [ -> ]Nice but you need a new logo Big Grin

I don't see a problem with the current logo so I can't change it if you can't give me a reason.

^ It don't fit the theme and don't look good at all. Its a scetchy render with bad transparents. Good enough?
lol i love when admins refuse to listen to any advice

What's new or interesting about your forum? It's just a general chat forum? There's hundreds of those. What makes yours better?

Theme is too blue, very lifeless and no contrast. Logo doesn't fit with the board at all really, not to mention that it's poorly executed as noted above.
(2011-04-17, 06:57 PM)Angel Caquias. Wrote: [ -> ]^ It don't fit the theme and don't look good at all. Its a scetchy render with bad transparents. Good enough?

What do you mean it doesn't fit the theme? I had different views from others that the theme is pretty great and the logo is good.

(2011-04-17, 07:23 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]lol i love when admins refuse to listen to any advice

What's new or interesting about your forum? It's just a general chat forum? There's hundreds of those. What makes yours better?

Theme is too blue, very lifeless and no contrast. Logo doesn't fit with the board at all really, not to mention that it's poorly executed as noted above.

I do listen to advice. I can't make everyone happy that is the point. I have heard different opinions about the theme from many people. Making everyone happy isn't as easy as you think it is.

Also how is the theme 'lifeless'? Also there is maybe hundreds of general chat forums. But ours is a general-hang out type forum. There could be 1 million but ours is unique and under the keywords of our domain we have not much competition. Our site itself is pretty much unique compared to other general-chat forums. I been on loads and it took me days to think up a unique way to make mine better.
The theme is lifeless because everything is a very muted blue color, there's no contrast and this isn't a very energetic color. You seem to be trying to communicate the feeling of a beach but a beach is sandy, sunny, full of water and the colors of people and clothes. You just got the flat sky.

Quote:Also there is maybe hundreds of general chat forums. But ours is a general-hang out type forum.

And the difference is ...?

You can't make everyone happy, no; but you only seem interested in pleasing the people who already agree with the way you're doing things.
Pages: 1 2