MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CoolHangout - Come have fun at the beach!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-04-18, 12:51 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]The theme is lifeless because everything is a very muted blue color, there's no contrast and this isn't a very energetic color. You seem to be trying to communicate the feeling of a beach but a beach is sandy, sunny, full of water and the colors of people and clothes. You just got the flat sky.

Quote:Also there is maybe hundreds of general chat forums. But ours is a general-hang out type forum.

And the difference is ...?

You can't make everyone happy, no; but you only seem interested in pleasing the people who already agree with the way you're doing things.

I take all my advice from people with experince. I personally see nothing wrong with the theme. I had feedback about the theme many. Only flaw I got complaints about was the posting text which was hard to read. Which I already changed that and fixed that problem. But no one has really complained about the logo much. I may get a new logo in the future. But the theme color isn't lifeless.
You certainly don't have to follow any of our advice, but coming from someone who has a lot of experience in the webmaster world: If your text is too hard to read, you are eliminating a HUGE market. If text is hard to read on a website, I instantly leave. I feel you will dramatically reduce your bounce rate if you make your content a little bit more user friendly.

Take a look:
[attachment=22344]
[attachment=22345]

The text is incredibly hard to read, I almost have to squint.

Because you own a general chat board, your target demo is literally everyone. I think having a more easily navigated theme will help you up your user base.
Get some pale green and sandy brown colours in your skin instead of just different shades of blue. Maybe a bit of red as well, compliment your logo if you insist on keeping it. The skin isn't very appealing.

Quote:I take all my advice from people with experince.

I am a web designer.
(2011-04-18, 01:59 AM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Get some pale green and sandy brown colours in your skin instead of just different shades of blue. Maybe a bit of red as well, compliment your logo if you insist on keeping it. The skin isn't very appealing.

I am a web designer.

I tried green at first but I got more complaints from the green one. Because blue seems more beach-like than a green. Green just makes it look like a sport forum or a nature discussion forum lol.

Lol at this: http://community.mybb.com/attachment.php?aid=22345

I just changed it to black a little bit ago. Try refreshing the page or clearing your cache please. Also I don't see how it is hard to read I can read it just fine.
(2011-04-18, 02:08 AM)Sakura_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-18, 01:59 AM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Get some pale green and sandy brown colours in your skin instead of just different shades of blue. Maybe a bit of red as well, compliment your logo if you insist on keeping it. The skin isn't very appealing.

I am a web designer.

I tried green at first but I got more complaints from the green one. Because blue seems more beach-like than a green. Green just makes it look like a sport forum or a nature discussion forum lol.

I just changed it to black a little bit ago. Try refreshing the page or clearing your cache please. Also I don't see how it is hard to read I can read it just fine.
Yes, the black does make it better. The forum display pages are still very difficult to read and need changing.
(2011-04-18, 02:16 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-18, 02:08 AM)Sakura_ Wrote: [ -> ]

I am a web designer.

Yes, the black does make it better. The forum display pages are still very difficult to read and need changing.

If I make the text black then I mind as well get a new custom theme.. The black would just ruin the forum display on the index. How is it so hard to read? I can see it just fine.
Closed, as requested by the OP. Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2