MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board did not upgrade to 1.6.2 from 1.6.1 after placing new files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I placed the new files in what (I thought) were the correct places in my directory structure, but my version checker still says that i'm at 1.6.1. I noticed that none of the files in this upgrade were new, but I noticed the last three files of the upgrade and the file inside of the jscripts folder I could not find in my directory tree and thus were new as of trying to do this update. Which file in particular controls the version readout for my forum board?
./inc/class_core.php Holds the version information, but if it didn't change itself you didn't upgrade correctly.
Ok. I thought I replaced all the appropriate files.... I guess I can try again. I just need to follow the diagram sketched out in the version checker update notes right?
The version is coded in inc/class_core.php but if your board still says you have 1.6.1 then you probably didn't upload all the files properly. I would suggest you re-upload them then go to file verification under the admincp >> Tools & Maintenance menu to make sure they are all fine.
Its not just about replacing files, you need to run the upgrade script, read the read_me.txt there to upgrade.

For which you must disable all your plugins, and make a backup of all your files.
(2011-04-16, 12:24 AM)james12 Wrote: [ -> ]Its not just about replacing files, you need to run the upgrade script, read the read_me.txt there to upgrade.

For which you must disable all your plugins, and make a backup of all your files.

I thought the upgrade script at the bottom was for if you decided to manually patch your board versus doing file replacement?
(2011-04-16, 12:25 AM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-16, 12:24 AM)james12 Wrote: [ -> ]Its not just about replacing files, you need to run the upgrade script, read the read_me.txt there to upgrade.

I thought the upgrade script at the bottom was for if you decided to manually patch your board versus doing file replacement?

It is the php files you did, what about the database if you won't read the readme.txt to upgrade and run the upgrade.
(2011-04-16, 12:29 AM)james12 Wrote: [ -> ]

It is the php files you did, what about the database if you won't read the readme.txt to upgrade and run the upgrade.
There is NOT a database update for 1.6.2.

if you would like me to do the upgrade for you, PM me a FTP & Admin login and ill get it done before 2am

Not when you are upgrading from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2. When an update is released it specifies whether or not the upgrade script needs to be run.

For 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 you do not need to run the upgrade script. For other versions where you do need to run the upgrade script, the manual patch is provided to quickly patch the board to protect yourself from the security issues when you can't turn the board off immediately to run the upgrade scipt...but you should still do the full upgrade, by running the upgrade script, as soon as you can.
I ran the file verifier as suggested, and the only file pertaining to the upgrade that came up was admin/modules/tools/modlog.php. Should I just re upload the file to replace it or is there a tool built into the control panel I can use to "clean" it?
Pages: 1 2