MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you backup your forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do you backup your forum and how often?

I back up mine every 4 hours with http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/ and rsync.
I use a shell script and do it once a day.
After a week.
I don't. Toungue localhost is pretty reliable and there isn't much to backup in there honestly.
Depends on what I want backed up.

Files (Once a month):

NOW="$(date +"%m-%d-%Y")"
cd /backups
tar -cvpzf files_$NOW.tar /var/www/

MySQL (Once a week):

NOW="$(date +"%m-%d-%Y")"
/usr/bin/mysqldump -h[SERVER] -u[USER] -p[PASS] [DATABASE] | gzip > /backups/database_$NOW.sql.gz
Just save the files and DB onto a zip file about once a week. I'm not sophisticated at all.
I also use automysqlbackup daily. I keep MySQL backups on my computer, server and usb drive.
Domain and Plesk config is also backed up fortnightly via cron.
Entire server is backed up monthly via cron.
I manually download new files via FTP and store them on my computer and usb.
Every week via phpMyAdmin
Here's my backup solution:

MySQL backed up every 4 hours locally.
cPanel user accounts and system files backed up daily, weekly, and monthly locally.
MySQL and files rsynced every 4 hours to 2 offsite locations (different schedule than just the MySQLs so I have a MySQL backup every 2 hours).
MySQL and files rsynced every night to 2 offsite locations (so I have access to the 4 hour backups, plus the recent day's backups).
MySQL and files backed up from my offsite locations to external hard drives and local PCs/servers every night after the nightly rsync so I have multiple backups at each location.

If you want some help with automated backups PM me and I can provide you some free space on an offsite server here.
(2011-04-21, 01:56 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Here's my backup solution:

MySQL backed up every 4 hours locally.
cPanel user accounts and system files backed up daily, weekly, and monthly locally.
MySQL and files rsynced every 4 hours to 2 offsite locations (different schedule than just the MySQLs so I have a MySQL backup every 2 hours).
MySQL and files rsynced every night to 2 offsite locations (so I have access to the 4 hour backups, plus the recent day's backups).
MySQL and files backed up from my offsite locations to external hard drives and local PCs/servers every night after the nightly rsync so I have multiple backups at each location.

If you want some help with automated backups PM me and I can provide you some free space on an offsite server here.

That must generate a lot of data, how long do you keep the backups for?
Pages: 1 2