MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (myBB hates me!) Update problem to 1.6.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some bizarre reason myBB hates me. or rather hates me updating it lol.

Anyway, went to update to 1.6.3 from 1.6.2. Copied files over, went to do the forum address/install/upgrade.php and all I get is the following error:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any help please? http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk/forum/

Thanks.
Bifford
500 Internal Server Error is your host issue. It doesn't comes up with MyBB at all.
So I don't know what's going on here? If you take out the /forum/ part of the url the main site works fine...as are the other websites I host on the same server space.

Grrrr
whats your cookie domain? and cookie path? (General Config)
Is .htaccess in the root folder of the MyBB installation (it's a hidden file so make sure hidden files are shown)? Try to rename it to htaccess.txt and reload your website again. If that works, then there is an issue with your .htaccess file. Can you check apache error log? I believe CPanel and such can show that log but I'm not sure.
(2011-04-22, 04:39 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Is .htaccess in the root folder of the MyBB installation (it's a hidden file so make sure hidden files are shown)? Try to rename it to htaccess.txt and reload your website again. If that works, then there is an issue with your .htaccess file. Can you check apache error log? I believe CPanel and such can show that log but I'm not sure.

[Fri Apr 22 17:07:37 2011] [error] [client 90.197.205.167] File does not exist: /home/######/public_html/500.shtml
[Fri Apr 22 17:07:37 2011] [error] [client 90.197.205.167] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/#####/public_html/forum/index.php" is writeable by group
[Fri Apr 22 17:07:05 2011] [error] [client 82.94.176.145] File does not exist: /home/#####/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk/forum/f...php?fid=26
[Fri Apr 22 17:07:05 2011] [error] [client 82.94.176.145] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/######/public_html/forum/showthread.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk/forum/f...php?fid=26

Is the error given :/
(not sure about previous users cache thing?)

Bifford

I created the error document 500.shtml so that it doesn't throw up an error for not finding that... so now I just get:

[Fri Apr 22 17:28:35 2011] [error] [client 90.197.205.167] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/#####/public_html/forum/index.php" is writeable by group

which is odd as the file is set to 666.

Argh! :}

Sam
Can you change the mod of the index.php?
Change it to 644 .
(2011-04-22, 05:43 PM)Aries-Belgium Wrote: [ -> ]Can you change the mod of the index.php?
Change it to 644 .

Doesn't help any. Still says it's writable by group :/

Sam
Still the same file?

It's seems to be on all files.

Try to change the mode of all files:
chmod 644 *.php
hi iet this error
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/rab7soc/public_html/vb/inc/settings.php on line 292

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/rab7soc/public_html/vb/inc/settings.php on line 292
Pages: 1 2