MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Terrible Performance Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not sure what the problem is at the moment, but check out these stats from the debug info:

Generated in 1.4737210 seconds (85.11% PHP / 14.89% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 16 / Global Parsing Time: 0.6167781 / Memory Usage: 6.5 MB
PHP version: 5.2.16 / Server Load: 24.37 / GZip Compression: Disabled

I've contacted my host about the absurd server load, but apart from that is there anything in there that's above average?

Thanks.
(PS - This is using a default theme that I added quickly so I could get the debug info since it's not showing up on the other theme for some reason. -- Will this affect any stats?)
Looks pretty normal to me, apart from the seconds it took to generate the page. Try enabling GZip.

Your other theme probably doesn't have <div id="debug"><debugstuff></div> in the footer template, put it back in to see it.
That's all down to your host I think, I assume it's shared hosting.
Most is above average, except for sql query digit and global parsing.
Your debug info is absolutely fine.

This is mien @ Yaldaram.com;
Generated in 0.2397058 seconds (34.32% PHP / 65.68% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 38 / Global Parsing Time: 0.1064188 / Memory Usage: 8.75 MB
PHP version: 5.2.15 / Server Load: 24.57 / GZip Compression: Disabled
That server load is way high (both trilobyte and yaldaram). Your generation time is also really off trilobyte,. I take it both of you are on shared. if so, who with? I was on shared with my site and server load was never above 7 (at the maximum peak time) and averaged at 2.3.
(2011-04-24, 02:34 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]That server load is way high (both trilobyte and yaldaram). Your generation time is also really off trilobyte,. I take it both of you are on shared. if so, who with? I was on shared with my site and server load was never above 7 (at the maximum peak time) and averaged at 2.3.

Correct, its on shared hosting Sad
I am currently with MyBBWebHost. I'm planning to switch after the end of July. Any recommendations on who I should switch to? Also I will try enabling GZip. Any idea of why the Generation time is off?

@Faviouz;
I have the code for all the debug info in my theme yet it still won't show up. Confused I guess it's the placing or some CSS might be hiding it, I'll check.
http://hdwebprovider.com - you won't regret it. I have a forum hosted there if you want to see the debug info.
Generation time is off? ''Generated in 1.4737210 seconds''
There's a setting in the Admin CP too, search for Advanced Stats / Debug information and see if it's enabled.
(2011-04-24, 02:35 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-24, 02:34 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]That server load is way high (both trilobyte and yaldaram). Your generation time is also really off trilobyte,. I take it both of you are on shared. if so, who with? I was on shared with my site and server load was never above 7 (at the maximum peak time) and averaged at 2.3.

Correct, its on shared hosting Sad

Who with? Your forum seems to run pretty fast whenever I've been on it, but that's still a mega high load.

(2011-04-24, 02:38 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]I am currently with MyBBWebHost. I'm planning to switch after the end of July. Any recommendations on who I should switch to? Also I will try enabling GZip. Any idea of why the Generation time is off?

@Faviouz;
I have the code for all the debug info in my theme yet it still won't show up. Confused I guess it's the placing or some CSS might be hiding it, I'll check.

MyBBWebHost always used to seem good to me when I was with them. I've heard good things about asmallorange and hawk Host don't seem to be a bad option (no personal experience with either though). I'd stay away from places like JustHost and brand new startups from un-reputed companies though (eg: half the places seen advertised here...)
Pages: 1 2 3