MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Rant] Copyrights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is a rant of MyBB theme copyrights being removed. I personally cant believe people would do this, just wasting hard work of designers. How would you feel if you wrote a essay fir your professor and handed it in, then he took your name off and reads it to his friends saying he wrote it. Yes, it is an bad example but it states a understanding of what its like for your work to be removed by other users. The most recent one I have is http:// thegamenetwork .net (Remove the spaces, I dont want to give them a bump on google) and I discovered it because he was smart enough to post his site in 4 support threads for the forum theme by me (trince to be specific) the site is owned by Nuffey. What do you fellow designers think of this? or have you never been "ripped" before? I personally have such hatred for people who do such things.

Also I had PM'ed him and he has ignored me.
Just DMCA their host and the site will be taken down. Simple.
(2011-04-27, 08:01 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Just DMCA their host and the site will be taken down. Simple.

Bro. Thats $175.
(2011-04-27, 08:02 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-27, 08:01 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]Just DMCA their host and the site will be taken down. Simple.

Bro. Thats $175.

No its not.

Bro. Thats $175.

Afaik, it does not cost anything to file a DMCA...

Bro. Thats $175.

Huh? How'd you work that out? Its just a letter Toungue
I don't like it but I'm too lazy to really pursue it. If you don't want to support me, that's fine, I just won't support you. You can't make anyone do anything so I just ask politely and if refused, oh well.
...If I go to http://dmca.com once I'm logged in and all that I go to create a thing and it says I need to pay..
Write your own DMCA Rolleyes
(2011-04-27, 08:11 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Write your own DMCA Rolleyes

This. You don't need to use an official website like dmca.com to send them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4