MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Special Mybb forum hosting (one time payment )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-04-30, 10:17 PM)vividWire Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, but that's outrageous. Lifetime hosts have, historically, never stood a good chance at long-term survival, and some day you'll reach the point where your growth or user numbers are unsustainable for you to continue. If I were in the position of a client, I'd rather go with some basic $2/mo hosting than go with a lifetime hosting offer and risk my site a few months down the line.

- Re: uptime guarantee
How can you guarantee and pay back money on uptime if people are paying such a small amount for life? Every host has downtime, so surely you'll eventually make a loss/not have any more to give back?

- Re: the server
Is that box really yours? A box of that kind of specification would cost $xxx to run, something that I highly doubt you'd pay for given the lack of a decent site, professionalism etc. To be honest with you, this oozes reseller/VPS. In regards to backups, that'll cost more money, making your operation more difficult and less viable to finance.

- Re: your ToS
Charming. What about SPAM violations, your refunds policy, your 99.99% uptime policy and how people will be reimbursed if their sites fall below that mark?

I'm sorry, but you really need to rethink the longevity of your business plan. As aspirational as you may be, I suggest you go back to a drawing board and come up with a good, professional brand and combine it with some plans with reasonable features and payment terms.

I wish you all the best with your plans.

+1 Rep given.
Pages: 1 2 3