MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Minecraft Server [CLosed Until Further Notice]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2011-05-24, 08:06 AM)Sukanjan.K Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-24, 03:00 AM)Angel Caquias Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-23, 09:52 PM)Sukanjan.K Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried this game, seems very boring. Dunno why.

Was it like a 10min play? Cause of course if you don't give a survival game time it won't be fun.

Yeh played for like 10-15 mins, whats the objective of the game?

Build what you want, and don't die at night.
(2011-05-24, 05:49 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like Minecraft, you are paying $20 for a game that looks like it was made in the late 90's?

That is pretty narrowminded - although you don't like it 2 million other people who bought it seem to disagree with you.
Graphics are the only thing people go on about nowadays. If the graphics are rubbish, generally so's the game. If it isn't realistic graphics, or at least modern, whats the point in playing a pixelated game? Look at GTA3. All people do is complain over how rubbish the graphics where.

Ofcourse these are my opinions.
(2011-05-24, 06:18 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Graphics are the only thing people go on about nowadays. If the graphics are rubbish, so's the game. If it isn't realistic graphics, or at least modern, whats the point in playing a pixelated game? Look at GTA3. All people do is complain over how rubbish the graphics where.

I thinks thats not the case, graphics are not the only thing, gameplay is. Still today LEGO games got released and also sell a lot. 'World of Goo' was the top game of 2009, I personally did't liked the minecraft not because of the graphics but because of the lack of excitement, felt boring. I like fast paced game, minecraft not suited for me.
(2011-05-24, 06:18 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]If it isn't realistic graphics, or at least modern, whats the point in playing a pixelated game?

I think you're missing the point that Minecraft isn't a realistic game. Unless there are portals and arrow-shooting skeletons in real life I don't know of.... On a more serious note though, I really don't think Minecraft would be as popular if it had similar graphics to Crysis or something. It'd just be weird.

The whole pixelated and fantasy look is the key to its success, in my opinion. Smile
Whilst there's no denying Minecraft is successful, I personally agree that there's no chance it could hold my interest. I enjoy games with a sense of focus - hence why I enjoyed the likes of World of Goo, Lost Winds, Braid etc.
I actually like it. The creepy green things that explode make me mad though. They always walk around my house at nighttime and when it comes to light, I try and get out. lets just say bye bye house.

Regardless, I like the game, but it is a very opinionated game. You either like it or you do not. Plain and simple.
You wont have a problem with creepers on our server Smile We have them disabled Toungue
(2011-05-24, 06:53 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst there's no denying Minecraft is successful, I personally agree that there's no chance it could hold my interest. I enjoy games with a sense of focus - hence why I enjoyed the likes of World of Goo, Lost Winds, Braid etc.

It's fun to play for an hour, maybe two.
But not something I could hold onto for longer periods of time.
I game a lot with my friends and we usually play EU3 or Warcraft or Soulstorm, once a week an hour of minecraft until it bores us again.

The game is fun, but needs adjustment, because well, my group ran out of ideas and we made castles, cavern systems, railroads, submarines, sky cities.
The greatness of Minecraft is you can do what you want. But, in the long run you'll have what happened with Ansem.

I think the perfect middle ground would be a mix between minecraft and world of warcraft. Where you can do what you want but there is still some content you don't control (or just give a fantasy version of eve online imo Toungue).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9