MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reputation Bars v0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Change your textual Reputation numbers into Bar Images. It has been designed so if the user have Negative reputations, it'll show Red Bar. If the user have Positive reputations, it'll show Green Bar. And if the user has Neutral reputation, it'll show Grey Bar. When you hover over the Reputation bar images, User's Reputation Points will be shown in a tooltip.

Mechanism
The mechanism is, plugin calculate the reputation points and if they have 10 or less then 10 (But greater then 0) it will show Green 1 bar. If reputation points are above or greater then 11 but below 20, it'll show Green 2 bar, and so on.. Neutral rep point and Negative rep points brings only one Grey and Red bar images, respectively.

Change Log:
v0.2: Fix an small bug. Also added Reputation page link to the Image Bars.

Preview:
[attachment=22584]

Grab:
Mods site link: http://mods.mybb.com/view/reputation-bars
Mirror: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=784

Installation:
Upload the zip folder in your forum's root, Extract, Login to your Admin Control Panel > Plugin manager > Activate. (There are no settings currently). It adds one template to your Global Templates area. No further template edits.

[Image: rep.gif]
awesome....can we add some text for every level of reputation....a feature of vb????
(2011-05-05, 05:22 PM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]awesome....can we add some text for every level of reputation....a feature of vb????

I didn't understand what you mean about "adding text". If you mean Reputation points then Yes, I've added this into the plugin, when you hover over the Reputation bar images User's Reputation points will be shown in a tooltip.
Great release Yaldaram - possibly your best yet I reckon Wink This was a feature I always used to want.
Thanks for the feedback euantor.
BTW, to expand on what Envira meant, he's meaning the vB functionality whereby a user has a kind of user level based on rep power. if they have say 1 bar, if you hover over the bar, it says something like "just starting out". If they have 5 bars and you hover over them, it says something like "X is the soul of the community".

Kind of a pointless feature with usertitles being available, but that's what he's on about.
ha ha thanks euan......this is what i wanted.....but it adds a bit of spice up...lol,but anyway this is one awesome plugin i really wanted.......Smile,thanks Yaldaram
(2011-05-05, 05:55 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]BTW, to expand on what Envira meant, he's meaning the vB functionality whereby a user has a kind of user level based on rep power. if they have say 1 bar, if you hover over the bar, it says something like "just starting out". If they have 5 bars and you hover over them, it says something like "X is the soul of the community".

Kind of a pointless feature with usertitles being available, but that's what he's on about.

I didn't know that before. Nor I think any need for it.
hmm,its ok,but can you make the rep bars clickable so we can see the reputation stats.....?????just like the default.
if you open the script, its clearly explained.
- for tooltips, by adding TITLE attribut of img with your needs
- also for clickable link, it's easy to implement by adding <a href over the img code inside
<a href=\"reputation.php?uid=". $post['uid']. "\">
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6