MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove view counts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is there anyway to remove the number of views a thread gets?
Not sure but might be done from RECOUNT AND REBUILD from ACP under Tools and maintenance tab.
If you want to completely remove a Number of View of a selective thread then you'll have to run the following query in phpmyadmin;
UPDATE mybb_threads SET `views` = '' WHERE `tid` = 'X';

Replace X with Thread ID you want to remove Thread Views from there Wink
is there a way to remove all views off of all threads on the forum?
(2011-05-07, 02:12 PM)mxx Wrote: [ -> ]is there a way to remove all views off of all threads on the forum?

Yes, instead above, run the following;
UPDATE mybb_threads SET `views` = '';

Always advised to take a backup of your threads table in case of any damage. Though the query has been tested and its confirmed.
sorry my english is not good. I want to delete the hole column
(2011-05-07, 02:52 PM)mxx Wrote: [ -> ]sorry my english is not good. I want to delete the hole column

Its not recommended to remove the whole column as it might used in various places like Hot threads icons etc. But If you want to remove the whole views column then run the following query in phpmyadmin; (Use it at your own risk)
ALTER TABLE mybb_threads DROP views;
You shouldn't really delete columns from a database, as it will probably cause SQL error's wherever that column is used.
thanks every one
Uhh pretty sure he meant the HTML table column guys, not the DB column.
Pages: 1 2