MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have been an idiot and deleted a forumdisplay.php file and the Forum is not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yeah, I think your rewrite base is wrongly entered as /MyBB/ Smile
(2011-05-08, 03:47 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I think your rewrite base is wrongly entered as /MyBB/ Smile

Oh god I really dont understand what any of this means, I am useless with the Plugins and adding them, I have been trying to get the Ficons plugin and Google SEO installed all day. Nothing has worked and now I do this and the Forum is broke, worst thing is its my friends and he is going to kill me.
Open up the .htaccess file from the root of your FTP and paste in what's in there. Then we can see if I'm right Smile
(2011-05-08, 03:51 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Open up the .htaccess file from the root of your FTP and paste in what's in there. Then we can see if I'm right Smile

Hi I managed to locate the .htaaccess file here is the content

Quote:Options -MultiViews +FollowSymlinks -Indexes

#
# If mod_security is enabled, attempt to disable it.
# - Note, this will work on the majority of hosts but on
# MediaTemple, it is known to cause random Internal Server
# errors. For MediaTemple, please remove the block below
#
<IfModule mod_security.c>
# Turn off mod_security filtering.
SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

#
# MyBB "search engine friendly" URL rewrites
# - Note, for these to work with MyBB please make sure you have
# the setting enabled in the Admin CP and you have this file
# named .htaccess
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-newpost\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^post-([0-9]+)\.html$ showthread.php?pid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^announcement-([0-9]+)\.html$ announcements.php?aid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^user-([0-9]+)\.html$ member.php?action=profile&uid=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=yearview&calendar=$1&year=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-year-([0-9]+)-month-([0-9]+)-day-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=dayview&calendar=$1&year=$2&month=$3&day=$4 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^calendar-([0-9]+)-week-(n?[0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=weekview&calendar=$1&week=$2 [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^event-([0-9]+)\.html$ calendar.php?action=event&eid=$1 [L,QSA]

<IfModule mod_env.c>
SetEnv SEO_SUPPORT 1
</IfModule>
</IfModule>

#
# If Apache is compiled with built in mod_deflade/GZIP support
# then GZIP Javascript, CSS, HTML and XML so they're sent to
# the client faster.
#
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>

Thanks so much for helping us out with this.
That's odd. The directory index isn't set.

Would you mind giving me a temporary admin login?
(2011-05-08, 03:55 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]That's odd. The directory index isn't set.

Would you mind giving me a temporary admin login?

Hi I cant do that because its my friends and he has other Domains and god knows what, however I can simply locate anything you may need for you Smile.
Well, I'm kind of out of suggestions now. Have you checked your forum URL settings?

Also, you said you were trying to install Google SEO. Is it activated and installed? if so, de-activate it and see what happens.
(2011-05-08, 03:58 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm kind of out of suggestions now. Have you checked your forum URL settings?

Also, you said you were trying to install Google SEO. Is it activated and installed? if so, de-activate it and see what happens.

I went in and deactivated it just to be safe, I also deleted any files which I installed as well based on the plugin, but I still get the error when trying to view the threads.

In fact I could not even get the damn plugin on the mybb panel thinking about it, that was the problem, so I decided to go back and delete any traces and start again. And thats where I must of deleted the wrong file or something bud.
No idea then. It's definitely trying to load the wrong file though - your site's at /, but it's trying to load /MyBB/forumdisplay.php. I assumed the htaccess was the problem, but obviously not.

Maybe somebody else can help properly.
(2011-05-08, 04:04 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]No idea then. It's definitely trying to load the wrong file though - your site's at /, but it's trying to load /MyBB/forumdisplay.php. I assumed the htaccess was the problem, but obviously not.

Maybe somebody else can help properly.

Oh god thats not good then, well thanks so much for trying to help me bud. Hopefully someone will be able to help. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5