MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will merging delete old forum and DB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will merging delete the old forum and old DB? We are looking to eventually have all our forums running mybb (4 total) but we want to keep the old forum intact until all are converted and bug free.

Nope, not changes will happen to the old forum or database.
Thank you for the reply. The merge went well but now we're having problems with user sign in. The usernames merged over correct and all the info looks good, but passwords don't work and it appears that it's not sending out an email with the reset password link.

Make sure the password comvereion plugin is installed on the forum - it's a crucial part of the upgrade process. As for mails not sending, you'd need to check your comfiguration - I take it you're using PHP's mail() as is the default?
(2011-05-09, 09:48 PM)cdmagurus Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the reply. The merge went well but now we're having problems with user sign in. The usernames merged over correct and all the info looks good, but passwords don't work and it appears that it's not sending out an email with the reset password link.

I can't help without knowing what software you've merged from.
Sorry about that, I went wild and didn't read much into it. We merge a vB 4.1.2 forum. I just noticed that it might not support that version. But if everything but passwords merged that's a good thing. Just to figure out the password deal and sending reset password emails. I have 4 test profiles and a week to play around.
(2011-05-10, 05:06 AM)cdmagurus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about that, I went wild and didn't read much into it. We merge a vB 4.1.2 forum. I just noticed that it might not support that version. But if everything but passwords merged that's a good thing. Just to figure out the password deal and sending reset password emails. I have 4 test profiles and a week to play around.

Hi there I think you may need this > [Plugin] Password Reset you can mass send new passwords to members, hope this will help you out I just want to give something back, because I have had fantastic support on here. Let me know if it works out for you.

Lee

(2011-05-10, 05:06 AM)cdmagurus Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry about that, I went wild and didn't read much into it. We merge a vB 4.1.2 forum. I just noticed that it might not support that version. But if everything but passwords merged that's a good thing. Just to figure out the password deal and sending reset password emails. I have 4 test profiles and a week to play around.

Yes, vB 4 is not yet officially supported.
(2011-05-10, 11:12 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]

Will the plugin I found him work, or does he have to merge over first.
(2011-05-10, 11:14 AM)LeeUk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-10, 11:12 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]

Will the plugin I found him work, or does he have to merge over first.
I'll let you know if it works tonight.
Pages: 1 2