MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Tailor - New MyBB Theme Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For a registration icon, I'm not sure. I've never seen it represented only visually, and I think that generally using only an icon to represent something important is bad news. People signing up is your ultimate goal, so there should be more of a path in that direction.

As for the buttons ... they're not going to judge entirely, but I don't think it's a good impression. This is definitely just my opinion though.
Oooo nice site bro!

Banging theme IMO. Except, the on the header images I think it'd be better if you have some roll over text. So when you put your mouse over it'll tell you exactly what the button is for.

Other then that I really love the theme. I'll join and try to help out as much as I can Toungue
(2011-05-12, 02:20 AM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Oooo nice site bro!

Banging theme IMO. Except, the on the header images I think it'd be better if you have some roll over text. So when you put your mouse over it'll tell you exactly what the button is for.

Other then that I really love the theme. I'll join and try to help out as much as I can Toungue

Exactly, what i thought. A rollover text can help.
(2011-05-12, 02:20 AM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Oooo nice site bro!

There should be titles which most browsers display as rollovers. I'll look into having some javascript rollovers.
I think if you make an icon that looks like a file with a plus sign in front, that may suggest "Registration" better than an up arrow.
(2011-05-12, 01:26 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]For a registration icon, I'm not sure. I've never seen it represented only visually, and I think that generally using only an icon to represent something important is bad news. People signing up is your ultimate goal, so there should be more of a path in that direction.

How about now? Toungue

Not a major fan of the theme in general really. The icons look really big and childish (where a theme design site should look professional) - especially the icon next to the breadcrumb. The blue box shadowing on the container really does nothing for the look either and the major footer area (with the copyright etc) just looks like you ran out of ideas.

While it may be a nice theme for some site, I really don't think it's great for a theme site - a theme site's design should show off what the designer's really capable of IMO.

Don't take all this the wrong way though - I'm just trying to offer some constructive advice based on my own critical opinion.
You all seem to think I'm making this primarily to sell themes. It's a hobby and I'm starting from scratch.

(2011-05-12, 04:44 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Not a major fan of the theme in general really. The icons look really big and childish (where a theme design site should look professional) - especially the icon next to the breadcrumb.
Big and childish? That made me laugh considering it's one of your themes that I saw big icons in a second ago.

(2011-05-12, 04:44 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The blue box shadowing on the container really does nothing for the look either
In your opinion. I like it and this is my site for me to develop my hobby.

(2011-05-12, 04:44 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]and the major footer area (with the copyright etc) just looks like you ran out of ideas.
Maybe I did - but then I look at some of your themes and laugh.

(2011-05-12, 04:44 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]While it may be a nice theme for some site, I really don't think it's great for a theme site - a theme site's design should show off what the designer's really capable of IMO.
Thanks - your designs say the same about you. Oh I do make myself laugh.

(2011-05-12, 04:44 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Don't take all this the wrong way though - I'm just trying to offer some constructive advice based on my own critical opinion.
The only people who have anything negative to say seem to be theme makers who quite clearly have their own tastes so meh.
Fair enough. Take my comments how you like. I do love to see how people respond when others try to help them by commenting as asked to.

PS: I've just got to ask though, which theme of mine are you talking about pray tell?
(2011-05-13, 08:00 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough. Take my comments how you like. I do love to see how people respond when others try to help them by commenting as asked to.
Sorry I was kinda 'hostile' earlier. Had a week of exams and I'm not in the best of moods. I appreciate your very honest criticism and apologize for my comments against your theme.

(2011-05-13, 08:00 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]PS: I've just got to ask though, which theme of mine are you talking about pray tell?

Can't remember I just saw it earlier today and realised it was one of yours. When I find the forum again I'll let you know.

I actually really like most of your themes to be honest. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3