MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Coop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Since discovering MyBB I've donated money once a year. I don't like the idea of supporting a free effort that will in turn support a bunch of third party commercial ventures. OTOH, if people want to sell their plugins here, maybe there could be a dedicated forum here for third party addons where vendors could post press releases, people could write reviews, people could discuss problems. That's pretty much how the rest of the online world works.
(2011-05-25, 04:25 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: [ -> ]Since discovering MyBB I've donated money once a year. I don't like the idea of supporting a free effort that will in turn support a bunch of third party commercial ventures. OTOH, if people want to sell their plugins here, maybe there could be a dedicated forum here for third party addons where vendors could post press releases, people could write reviews, people could discuss problems. That's pretty much how the rest of the online world works.

How about creating a plugin for that and use MyBB forum.

I've changed my mind about this. If the MyBB staff wants to show both types of plugins in one place, it's up to them. Or whatever works to make it easier for everyone.
i would love to see an "external mods" section of the Mods site so we authors (all or "trusted", whatever) could list out FREE (avail to guests or registered users with zero posts)plugins with descriptions, license info, link to support forum and a link to the actual download.

the only issue would be verifying the author does not change to paid after approval on the mods site. Perhaps the MyBB approval process could include the apporver creating account on the plugin site so the mods system could automatically and randomly attempt to download once and a while to keep the mod "valid"

I hate dealing with the validation process and waiting when I have a bug fix. plus it is hard to maintain releases on multiple sites and having to deal will support on MyBB and my site
The new mods site, which will probably be released when 1.8 is, has many new features that will greatly aid plugin devs.
(2012-05-21, 07:43 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]i would love to see an "external mods" section of the Mods site so we authors (all or "trusted", whatever) could list out FREE (avail to guests or registered users with zero posts)plugins with descriptions, license info, link to support forum and a link to the actual download.

the only issue would be verifying the author does not change to paid after approval on the mods site. Perhaps the MyBB approval process could include the apporver creating account on the plugin site so the mods system could automatically and randomly attempt to download once and a while to keep the mod "valid"

I hate dealing with the validation process and waiting when I have a bug fix. plus it is hard to maintain releases on multiple sites and having to deal will support on MyBB and my site

I created an external reasource page on the wiki, but I fear it's overlooked a lot.
(2012-05-21, 08:06 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]I created an external reasource page on the wiki, but I fear it's overlooked a lot.

It is overlooked, but my suggestion would work just the Mods sites as it is. I could list my free plugins individually, etc. not just a link to a site hidden in the Wiki. Have all the same sections and basic functionality, but no upload, only links.

Have "Mods & Plugins" and "External Mods & Plugins" type thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5