MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email notification for every posting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In MBB 1.00 RC4, I can receive email notifications of threads which I have started or of my own postings.

Is it possible to be notified of every new posting in a whole forum? Especially, when some other user starts a thread?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Michael
You can subscribe to forums and receive a notification when a new thread is posted in that forum. To do so, go to that forum and click the link "Subscribe to this forum" at the bottom of the thread listing Smile
This does not seem to work for me:

I have recieved a notification of your reply to my question (thread subscribing).
But I was not email-notified of new messages / threads in the mybboard.com-forums which i have subscribed: "General support" and "bug reports".

Confused,

Michael
Bump for myBB 1.04

The users in my MyBB 1.04 have the bad attitude to not click the link in the notification mail to open the forum. So it is the only mail they receive and they aren't informed about all further threads and topics.

How can I change the forum to send out a notification email every time like phpBB does?

Tx for any help, your work here is fantastic

Guido
Bumpedibump!

Is nobody else having this problem?

Tx 4 help!

Guido
Think it's under the User CP under options.
First of all let me say that MBB is an OUTSTANDING piece of software. Wished I'd found it before I put up a large phpBB site that I admin.

Well Snake, no its not under 'User CP'.

I too have the same problem. I have another forum with a very small number of users (between 10-15) and I'd like to be able to send out an email notification every time anybody posts in any forum channel.

Basically, this is like the 'Mass Mailing' feature, but would be triggered by a new posting.

I can probably hack this in by hard coding a mailing list or something like that but this seems like a reasonable feature that ought to be added to the 'User CP' options section.

Any suggestions ??

Bill
I have the same problem, I wait for the solution. I have installed the versions 1,0 and 1,1,1

Thanks.
It is working as designed.

If you wish to change this functionality then you should seek advice in the modifications forum.
How they designed it? Logical nonencounter for the times that receipt and the times that nonreceipt warning by mail.

I did not find ningun mod for this subject as it could install?

Thank you very much
Pages: 1 2