MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bad Behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been using this for a few months. At some point the logs started filling up with entries with the key "00000000" which means "Log Message: Permitted". Obviously I don't want crap like this in the logs. I have the config set to not use verbose logging, so I have no idea why this is happening.

Sadly, when I tried to manually delete all the entries in the badbehavior table,

Quote:delete from badbehavior where key = '00000000';

I get this:
Quote:ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'key = '00000000'' at line 1

It turns out that the word "key" is a MySQL reserved word, so naming a column "key" is a big mistake. The way around this is to:

Quote:delete from badbehavior where key = '00000000';

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this now horribly broken plugin?
This GET:

Quote:GET /forum/showthread.php?tid=39968&pid=226413#pid226413 HTTP/1.1
Host: **.***
User-Agent: Twitterbot/1.0
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept: text/html, text/*
Cache-Control: max-age=0
Connection: keep-alive

was flagged with:

Quote:HTTP Response: 403
Explanation: You do not have permission to access this server.
Log Message: Request contained a malicious JavaScript or SQL injection attack

Can anyone explain how badbehavior came to that conclusion?
Thanks for the plugin. Working fine for me on 1.6.4
Any update on this great plugin? I would like to use it if it works good with the latest mybb forum software.
Sorry for the lack of updates here. I will be posting a new version within the next few hours. Nothing major has changed, but Bad Behavior has been upgraded to the latest available (2.2.14).

(2011-10-20, 05:52 AM)forum Wrote: [ -> ]horribly broken plugin

Just to note, the database structure is that which is used by Bad Behavior itself. I did not modify any core code, including the database structure. If you have an issue with that, get in touch with the Bad Behavior developer.

Updated version submitted, and it is awaiting validation.

And validation has completed. Please let me know if you guys run into any issues.
i still don't uynderstand how to install it, someone can help me?
Hi,

This plugin is working well for me. My question is regarding blacklist's and key explanations. For example what is key '00000000' and is the blacklisting linked to the Honeypot project?

Aside form the above it's easy to get going and the newest version seems stable. Coupled with the Fassim plugin and IP ban list from myip.ms my server load plummeted to a very happy level, not to mention blocking spammers.

Good job.
- Rich -
Hi,

Linking to the Honeypot project is just awesome (black list). Key=00000000 appears to be linked to IP's that are permitted but suspicious or flagged by another spam plugin ( http://bad-behavior.ioerror.us/2012/09/0...or-2-2-10/ ) and is a normal function of Bad Behavior.

This plugin so rocks it.

- Rich -
Hi,

I would like to see this plugin support a captcha for blacklisted sites linked to the Honeypot project. If you are using a browser like the Tor Browser (www.torproject.org) which provides encrypted and anonymous web browsing the plugin will block it (most times). This is because there are probably a fair amount of bots using the Tor network. Providing a captcha as part of the blocking process for blacklisted (Honeypot project) IP's would let valid non-bot users get through. Perhaps added to the plugins 403 response page.

Thanks
The languages folder and the plugin folder was easy to place into the right MyBB directories but where does the <white lists configuration ini file> & <bad behavior folder> go into?
The log page has stopped working with 1.6.13
The plug-in is still working apart from that. If I look at the DB I can see activity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4